Realtime triangle strip generation algorithms

Realtime triangle strip generation algorithms

Post by Mark » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hello,
    Can someone tell me about or point me to a source on triangle strip
generation algorithms? I'm working on a little 3D program using OpenGL.
My model data is an array of vertices referenced by an array of
triangles. If I render the data using GL_TRIANGLES (after I determine
the visible triangles) , I end up sending a lot of the vertices more
that once. I would like to generate triangles strips from the visible
triangles to reduce the redundant computations and load.

Thanks,
Mark

1. Algorithm to combine triangle meshes into triangle strips

I am looking for an algorithm to convert a triangle mesh into
triangle strips (to be used for more efficient display on SGI
graphics hardware.)  The triangle mesh, by my definition, is a
set of triangles that share between 1 and 3 edges with another
triangle(s).  A triangle strip, as per the GL/OpenGL format, is
an ordered set of triangles (usually more than two) that share
two edges with neighboring triangles, except for the first and
last triangle in the set who only share edges with one triangle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Keith Fry
University of Michigan

2. 3d labs wildcat 4110 on max

3. Triangle Strips Generation!

4. matrix - getting rotation values from

5. Win a FREE copy of Scape Drapes looping animated backgrounds.

6. triangle strips generation!

7. Animal animation techniques/systems?

8. Triangle Strips Generation!

9. Triangle-Strip Algorithm Needed