computational geometry reference needed

Post by Peter Rabinovitc » Sat, 26 Jul 1997 04:00:00

does anybody know of an (efficient) algorithm to determine if a point
moving in discrete time has crossed a boundary in a multidimensional space?

The boundaries may be described by the union of several multidimensional
convex hulls.

I have seen algorithms for the two dimensional case, but it doesn't seem to
me that they extend easily to many dimensions.

pointers to articles (print, web or whatever), or source code (preferably
in matlab, but i'll take what i can get) would be very much appreciated.

computational geometry reference needed

Post by no sp » Mon, 28 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Quote:> does anybody know of an (efficient) algorithm to determine if a point
> moving in discrete time has crossed a boundary in a multidimensional
space?

> The boundaries may be described by the union of several multidimensional
> convex hulls.

> I have seen algorithms for the two dimensional case, but it doesn't seem
> me that they extend easily to many dimensions.

Can you please give me a link to these alg. for two dim.?

thank you

Gerfried
--
DI. Gerfried Cebrat

 Homepage: http://members.aon.at/~gcebrat/
 Adresse: Am Schlosshang 4, A- 8075 Hart bei Graz, Oesterreich
 Tel.& Fax ++43/ +316/49 14 49, Mobiltel. ++43/ +664 210 7841

1. References for Computational Geometry

Hello,

I am looking for a GOOD/(easy to read) books or tutorial papers
on Computational Geometry. I mean I am looking for a references
whose NONTRIVIAL techniques can be directly applied to computer
graphics. But I would welcome any level of references.
(Now, I want to try morphing using geometry tools.)

Thanks for your time,
---
J. Park

2. Rendering Crash

3. Netrenderman Farm program(tcl,perl, whatever)

4. need info on computational geometry

5. Arc & Arc intersection

6. 3D geometry references needed (In n)

7. Need References for Fractal Geometry

8. Need some algorithm references for 2d geometry

9. Computational Geometry journal - Special Issue on Virtual Reality

10. Book Announcement: Computational Geometry in C (2nd Ed.)

11. Book Announcement: Handbook of Discrete & Computational Geometry