2d contouring algorithm?

Post by David Salott » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 12:19:47

Hi all,

it's probably been asked a million times before - but here it goes again:

Can anyone point me to a simple 2D contouring method? At this stage I
intend to use data points located on a square grid pattern (nodes located
on the intersections). Better still, if there are any free 2D contouring
libraries, then a reference to those would be great (I'm intending to code
this in Java).

thanks muchly
dave

2d contouring algorithm?

Post by Ben Houst » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 01:35:34

Hi David,

I wrote a 2D contouring algorithm the other day and it didn't take
that long at all -- just an hour or two to get it right.  It's much
easier than a 3D isosurface / implicit surface algorithm.  BTW it is
called "marching squares" when you are doing it in 2D.

Cheers,
-ben houston
http://www.exocortex.org/~ben

> Hi all,

> it's probably been asked a million times before - but here it goes again:

> Can anyone point me to a simple 2D contouring method? At this stage I
> intend to use data points located on a square grid pattern (nodes located
> on the intersections). Better still, if there are any free 2D contouring
> libraries, then a reference to those would be great (I'm intending to code
> this in Java).

> thanks muchly
> dave

1. 2D Contouring Algorithm Needed

I have a 2D contour algorithm for regularly gridded data.  However, I have
been unable to find how to contour irregular data.  Can anybody point me in
the right direction for an algorithm.  Any free source code (Java preferred)
would be great!  Thanks.

2. TImageList and inheritance

3. Q: simple 2D contouring algorithm

4. Normal Brushes option gone

5. 2D contouring algorithms (repost from objectpascal, sorry)

6. 2D animation package?

7. Wanted: 2D Projection on 3D Contour Algorithm

8. Fast 2D contour plot algorithm(s)

9. 2D contour line algorithm REFERENCE?

10. algorithms for contour plot 2D

11. Algorithm/Software to organize 2D points of a closed contour

12. Wanted: contour tool for plotting simple 2d contour fields