voxel graphics

Post by Amir Lopati » Fri, 13 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
Can somebody give me an overview of  an algorithm for displaying voxmap
data in _real time_ (using a parallel perspective).

--
Amir Lopatin
www.cs.brown.edu/people/amir

voxel graphics

Post by Sfx » Sat, 14 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Go to the Gammasutra and download "nov 97" (i think that is "nov 97" not
sure) zip file there is 3 source files with voxel examples good stuff.

Sfx

> Hi,
> Can somebody give me an overview of  an algorithm for displaying voxmap
> data in _real time_ (using a parallel perspective).

> --
> Amir Lopatin
> www.cs.brown.edu/people/amir
> remove _REMOVE_ from my address to reply

voxel graphics

Post by QBallLiv » Sat, 14 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>Can somebody give me an overview of  an algorithm for displaying voxmap
>data in _real time_ (using a parallel perspective).

parellel projection implies stripping of z components

just strip the zs off... and there you are... if you're looking for 2d ray-cast
based stuff.... I have a demo/src at my site.

Jim the loiterer

http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/gigahertz/179/index.html

voxel graphics

Post by Matthew Webste » Wed, 18 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Go to the Gammasutra

Where is this, please?

Quote:> and download "nov 97" (i think that is "nov 97" not
> sure) zip file there is 3 source files with voxel examples good stuff.

Regards,

Matt. W.
--

http://www.apsoft.co.uk/mats/
All opinions, statements and communications made here are strictly personal.

voxel graphics

Post by Sfx » Thu, 19 Mar 1998 04:00:00

WWW.GAMASUTRA.COM

Sfx

Gamasutra is at www.gamasutra.com

> > Go to the Gammasutra
> Where is this, please?

1. Voxel graphics

I've got a few questions about voxel graphics (which I know next to
nothing about ;)

1) Are there any widely accepted file formats for storing voxel gaphics?
2) Are there any good introductory books on the subject?

Before you answer, I'd like you to understand that I don't want to write
a game or demo that has voxel landscapes. I'm interested in the kinds of
algorithms used to render arbitrary 3D objects, and speed is not
important to me.

--
programmers against fascism!
refuse to use the ah and ss registers!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Win2000 & Image Ready

3. Wanted: 3-D Voxel Graphics Editors

4. 3DMax Vs. Lightwave...

5. Voxel graphics

6. Call for Papers - Visual Data Exploration and Analysis VI

7. Problems with S3 ViRGE and Righteous. H E L P !

8. Voxel graphics memory problem

9. voxel graphics

10. Voxel graphics ?

11. Voxel Graphics...