Subtracting one mesh from another

Post by Des Grenfel » Sat, 01 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I have two overlapping meshes of triangles - mesh A and mesh B.
A and B are separate data structures which I have created using a Delaunay
triangulator.

Now I want to merge these two meshes in such a way that each element in the
combined mesh belongs to either B or A-B and there must be no "T"
junctions - I want a crack free triangulation.

Has anyone any experience of this problem that they could pass on?
Even better does anyone have or know of any free/shareware that I could use
directly?

Many Thanks
Des

Subtracting one mesh from another

Post by Yaohong Jia » Mon, 03 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi

> I have two overlapping meshes of triangles - mesh A and mesh B.
> A and B are separate data structures which I have created using a
Delaunay
> triangulator.

> Now I want to merge these two meshes in such a way that each element in
the
> combined mesh belongs to either B or A-B and there must be no "T"
> junctions - I want a crack free triangulation.

> Has anyone any experience of this problem that they could pass on?
> Even better does anyone have or know of any free/shareware that I could
use
> directly?

You can find shareware programs in the following site:
        http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~ds755/BspSolid.htm
The shareware programs (BspSetop and BspCsg do not remove "T" junctions.
But the BspSolid library (available free for non-commercial uses) does
provide an API call to get rid of 'T' junctions.

1. subtracting one line over another

Can someone tell me how to remove a line on top of another?
Specifically, I am trying to restore an old document where someone
penned in over pencil. I would like to remove the pen. I can select the
pen color, but I can't subtract it.
...Cal

2. Is it Java

3. All meshes and bitmaps in one max file ?

4. 3d interaction

5. one mesh out of two?

6. simple animation curve question

7. Different textures on one mesh

8. Red Planet, Starfield and LW...

9. anyone have a GOLFBALL mesh, or help me with one please

10. -TEXTURE MAPPING A TRIAGULAR MESH WITH ONE PIC-

11. getting mesh normals on one side

12. Textureing Quads and Triangles in one mesh