Please help: from scanned image to embroidery !

Please help: from scanned image to embroidery !

Post by Harmann » Sun, 11 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Can somebody help me?
My mother wants to make some embroideries from pictures of children and
dogs...
So I'm looking for a way to convert a scanned image, say a photograph, into
an embroidery pattern, which basically is the same image mapped on a raster
made of symbols.

Does anybody have any experience with applications like this? Where can I
find/buy this kind of software?

Thnx in advance!

Ronny

Please help: from scanned image to embroidery !

Post by Cindy Grove » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

By the way, the website for PCStitch is http://www.pcstitch.com and the site
for Pattern Maker is http://www.hobbyware.com.  Both sites have downloadable
demos so you can try the programs out.  Also, both are only available for
Windows 3.1 or 95/98.

Cindy Groves

Please help: from scanned image to embroidery !

Post by Cindy Grove » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>Can somebody help me?
>My mother wants to make some embroideries from pictures of children and
>dogs...
>So I'm looking for a way to convert a scanned image, say a photograph, into
>an embroidery pattern, which basically is the same image mapped on a raster
>made of symbols.

>Does anybody have any experience with applications like this? Where can I
>find/buy this kind of software?

>Thnx in advance!

>Ronny

Hello! I've been lurking here for a couple of days and I noticed your post.
I'm not sure if by "embroidery" you mean cross-stitch.  If you do mean
cross-stitch, there are several good programs designed to let you convert
photos to cross-stitch charts, and some will even print the "x's" onto
fabric if your printer lets you do that.

The one I have is Pattern Maker for Windows.  It's put out by HobbyWare and
it was about $110 when I got it. There are cheaper programs, including
PCStitch.  I don't know if you use a Mac or a PC - there are more programs
available for PC's, I think.  Anyway, if you leaf through cross-stitch
magazines at a news stand, you will see several ads for cross-stitch
software.

Good Luck!

Cindy Groves

1. Please help: from scanned image to embroidery !

Can somebody help me?
My mother wants to make some embroideries from pictures of children and
dogs...
So I'm looking for a way to convert a scanned image, say a photograph, into
an embroidery pattern, which basically is the same image mapped on a raster
made of symbols.

Does anybody have any experience with applications like this? Where can I
find/buy this kind of software?

Thnx in advance!

Ronny

2. virus alert

3. Help with scanned JPG Images Please !!?!?

4. saving multiple video frames to single images

5. Need help converting scanned images to .GIF -- please?

6. Cant cut clips in Media Studio 5.2

7. Advice please: printing scanned images on LJ4M

8. PLEASE HELP HELP HELP PLEASE HELP

9. Need some scanning help please

10. Tetrahedron Scan Conversion (3D) : Please Help

11. Scanning help please!