triangle strip algorithms

Post by Warrio » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:05:58

hi, im looking for a good triangle strip algorithm that i can use to render
a strip of right triangles at any size. i have developed a couple algorithms
myself. one i dont want to talk about :( and the other one only works if the
two sides
forming the right angle are a length of two.
-Dave

triangle strip algorithms

Post by Pierre Terdima » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:44:28

www.codercorner.com/Strips.htm

--

Coder in the dark    *   Zappy's Lair:  www.codercorner.com

Quote:> hi, im looking for a good triangle strip algorithm that i can use to
render
> a strip of right triangles at any size. i have developed a couple
algorithms
> myself. one i dont want to talk about :( and the other one only works if
the
> two sides
> forming the right angle are a length of two.
> -Dave

triangle strip algorithms

Post by rIO » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 17:27:00

Hmm there should be some code somewhere on the net called "stripe"... give
it a try in some search engines.

rIO.sK
http://www.spinningkids.org/umine

Quote:> hi, im looking for a good triangle strip algorithm that i can use to
render
> a strip of right triangles at any size. i have developed a couple
algorithms
> myself. one i dont want to talk about :( and the other one only works if
the
> two sides
> forming the right angle are a length of two.
> -Dave

1. Triangle-Strip Algorithm Needed

Hello and Thanks in Advance.

  I'm looking for an algorithm to convert a surface tesselation into one or

more triangle strips to improve graphics speed on OpenGL display hardware.

  As input I have a list of points with the topology of the tesselation:
           npoints
           xyz[3][npoints]
           normals[3][npoints]
           ntriangles
           tris[3][ntriangles]

  I would like as output:
           nstrips
           tris[*][nstrips]

  Any help would be appreciated, even a URL.

--
Paul Tallon
Senior Development Engineer

http://users.sgi.net/~pft

2. Maya 3.0 - 30$US

3. Micrografx, ftp,www,bbs ??

4. triangle strip algorithm from SGI

5. NTSC legal stills

6. Triangle Strips algorithms

7. KPTs interface sucks

8. Triangle-Strip Algorithm Needed

9. Algorithm to combine triangle meshes into triangle strips

10. Realtime triangle strip generation algorithms

11. Triangle Strip Preserving LOD (T-Strip LOD)