Any open source graphics library?

Post by Limin Wa » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:01:30

Hi there,

I'm gonna to learn a lot computer graphics programming. So I am very
anxious to find a library which implement the basic function of
graphics such as draw line,fill polygon and etc. Then I can work on it
and do some extend. It should be joyful to be practice like this.
Anyone know? or give me a little advise? It should be best based on
Window platform,for now I'm working on it.

thanks,
Limin

Any open source graphics library?

Post by Hugh Fishe » Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:32:22

Quote:> I'm gonna to learn a lot computer graphics programming. So I am very
> anxious to find a library which implement the basic function of
> graphics such as draw line,fill polygon and etc. Then I can work on it
> and do some extend. It should be joyful to be practice like this.
> Anyone know? or give me a little advise? It should be best based on
> Window platform,for now I'm working on it.

 Mesa OpenGL.

--
        Hugh Fisher
        DCS, ANU

Post by Tom Clu » Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:18:49

> I'm gonna to learn a lot computer graphics programming. So I am very
> anxious to find a library which implement the basic function of
> graphics such as draw line,fill polygon and etc. Then I can work on it
> and do some extend....
> ... It should be best based on Window platform,for now I'm working on it.

Why not use the GDI as the base library. It supports the things you
mention, and is available on all Windows systems -- because it's part
of the OS. There are many libraries that do a wonderful job of
graphics programming, but since you want to implement your own, why
not start with the primitives in the system itself?

--Tom Clune

Any open source graphics library?

Post by Sascha Heucher » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 00:19:27

The "Allegro Game Programming Library" should be the right for you.
Check out these URLs:
http://alleg.sourceforge.net/           -> Allegro homepage
http://www.allegro.cc                    -> Community around Allegro

Quote:> Hi there,

> I'm gonna to learn a lot computer graphics programming. So I am very
> anxious to find a library which implement the basic function of
> graphics such as draw line,fill polygon and etc. Then I can work on it
> and do some extend. It should be joyful to be practice like this.
> Anyone know? or give me a little advise? It should be best based on
> Window platform,for now I'm working on it.

> thanks,
> Limin

Any open source graphics library?

Post by Xavier Nicolle » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 08:31:01

Limin Wang a crit :

Quote:> I'm gonna to learn a lot computer graphics programming. So I am very
> anxious to find a library which implement the basic function of
> graphics such as draw line,fill polygon and etc. Then I can work on it
> and do some extend. It should be joyful to be practice like this.
> Anyone know? or give me a little advise? It should be best based on
> Window platform,for now I'm working on it.

        SDL might be what you are looking for. It has a lot of external
        libraries:

http://www.libsdl.org/
http://www.libsdl.org/libraries.php

Cheers,