Direct3D IM mode transparent textures

Post by David Le » Sun, 27 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Does any one know how to make transparent textures
in Direct3D Immediate Mode.

Retain mode obviously manages just fine using
->SetDecalTransparency( TRUE );
&
->SetDecalTransparentColor( ...);

However, I don't seem to be able to find how to
do it my self.

(Actually I can under H/W on the Mystique, by
setting the textures color key, but that doesn't
work under ramp/rgb s/w - am I doing
something else wrong??).

Any help would be great

David Lees

1. Direct3D IM , Textures

Hi,

Just 2 questions for Delphi programmers :

1) After having made enumeration, I have remarked that my Voodoo
Graphics isn't rcognized. Is
it a problem or must I keep the solution I have made ? (I mean, using
the GUID of the 3dfx I
found in the Registry).

2) SetRenderState seems to function in a very special way. Can someone
explain me with some
code if possible the correct way to use it because i think Booleans can
be used in the second
paramter and $0 or $1 don't seem to function.

Thanks
Christophe Buguet

2. 3DS angle-axis quaternions => normal quaternions

3. Direct3D Immediate Mode Texture Mapping

4. Problems with OpenGL on RedHat 8 (i810 driver)

5. Wanted: Direct3D IM or RM multiple-window sample program

6. Texture mapped quantised

7. Direct3D IM

8. ARGH! Where's my color video???!!!

9. Porting a 3d engine to Direct3D IM

10. Announcing Direct3D IM component for C++BUILDER

11. direct3d im doc or tutorial

12. gnuplot im batch-mode (NT)