How to port C/C++ algoritm lib from gcc makefile to VC?

How to port C/C++ algoritm lib from gcc makefile to VC?

Post by Lawrenc » Mon, 15 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Anybody know how to port C/C++ algoritm lib from gcc makefile to NT? I
downloaded lots of geometry algorithm
library but I don't know how to compile it in VC on NT.
Thank

How to port C/C++ algoritm lib from gcc makefile to VC?

Post by Jukka Liimatt » Tue, 16 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Anybody know how to port C/C++ algoritm lib from gcc makefile to NT? I
> downloaded lots of geometry algorithm
> library but I don't know how to compile it in VC on NT.

You know how to use Developer Studio? Right.

1. create a new static library project
2. add files to the project ( the cpp files, ofcourse )
3. adjust options as you like see fit
4. compile

Heureka! You will get a .lib file..

-jukka

How to port C/C++ algoritm lib from gcc makefile to VC?

Post by Frédéric Lorrai » Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:00:00

A solution: Cygwin ! (http://www.cygnus.com)

It is an "UNIX like" API for win32 (NT or 95). You have a lot of tools
inside : Bash (Bourne again shell) make and gcc. It works very fine, but
the lib you can create with will be compatible only with applications
compiled with this gcc. It's perhaps not what you want. It is great for
quick port on NT box because of the compatibility between gcc UNIX and
Cygwin.

Bye !

Lawrence a crit :

--