Direction of a 2D boundary

Post by Fernando Cacciol » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 05:25:01

Quote:> Hello,

> How do i define the direction of a boundary (clockwise or
> counter-clockwise). The boundary is not connective.

Well, it depends on what do you mean with 'bounday'.
If boundary is a non-convex polygon look for 'polygon orientation' in the
FAQ.

1. HELP: center of polygon and direction of polygon boundary

Hi, everybody,

1. I have a problem has to find out a point locate in the polygon of
any shape. I guess the center of a polygon will do. Could anybody
give me the algorithm or C code, or direct me to the right place?

2. How could I know what direction of the points of a polygon go? here I
mean clockwise or nonclockwise?

        Assume the boundary points of the polygon are in array
                PTS[n];
        where PTS is defined as
                struct {
                double x, y;
                }
        n is the number of points to construct the polygon.
        PTS's are in order (clokwise or nonclokwise? i do not know)

please send your mail to my address.

Thanks a lot.

Jinfan Duan
Dept. of Forest Engineering
Oregon State University

2. C O R E L D R A W 7

3. 2D boundary model

4. Creating Fullscreen-OpenGL-Window under Windows...

5. Nonconvex boundary of 2d points?

6. How to be notified of NEW pov releases

7. Newbie Qtn: Building 2D boundary list

8. newbie question

9. OpenGL: fitting a circle boundary to set of 2D points

10. 2D boundary model

11. keep 2D-object inside boundaries.

12. OpenGL: fitting a circle boundary to set of 2D points

13. How to determine the direction of a closed boundary?