Read My Thesis! Ray-Object Intersections (Raytracing)

Read My Thesis! Ray-Object Intersections (Raytracing)

Post by Stev » Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I've just about finished a final year project on ray-surface
intersections. Primitives covered are:
        sphere
        plane
        disc/annulus
        triangle
        polygon
        axisbox
        quadric
        torus
        transformed
        blob
        algebraic
        superellipsoid
        surfaces of revolution
        extrusions

Various root finding methods and a polynomial solver are
also discussed.

The postscript can be downloaded from
and I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Stephen.
(anti-spam : remove the _ from the reply line)

(remove the underscore for email)

1. Read My Thesis! Ray-Object Intersections (Raytracing)

[...]

2. (no subject given!)

3. Read my thesis (ray object intersections) -- my reaction

4. Object handler

5. Paint Shop Pro Brushes "bones"

6. Ray tracing: ray-object intersection

7. WaveFront/#dStudio to Renderman RIB

8. Summary of replies to vectorizing ray-object intersection query

9. Vectorizing ray-object intersection calculations

10. Good Reference for Ray-Object Intersection?

11. how to implement ray intersection to detect object

12. Thesis on use of Height Fields in Raytracing: Request for comments