good beginners book on 3d graphics

Post by Jonas Anders » Wed, 08 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hi, I would like the name(s) of a good beginners book on 3d graphics. It
should tell about scaling 3d object on the screen, poly-filling, perhaps
a little about texture-mapping. It's should also look at different
methods. Like rotating with and without matrices. I wouldn't mind if it
had some explaining maths in to, but this ain't necessary.

Jonas

Post by uglmil.. » Thu, 09 Nov 1995 04:00:00

> Hi, I would like the name(s) of a good beginners book on 3d graphics. It
> should tell about scaling 3d object on the screen, poly-filling, perhaps
> a little about texture-mapping. It's should also look at different
> methods. Like rotating with and without matrices. I wouldn't mind if it
> had some explaining maths in to, but this ain't necessary.

> Jonas

The most understandable (though not most complete) seems to be "Flights of Fantasy"
The author is Lampton, but I don't have the other info on it handy.

1. 3D Programming books (formerly Cameras in 3D, also Good 3D Graphics books)

I too have heard that 3D Computer Graphics by Alan Watt is a good book,
and I will probably purchase it.

The Problem I have with Computer Graphics Principles and Practicies is
that I just do not have the mathematical skills behind me to understand a

lot of the notation used and a lot of things.  I have purchased book on
Linear Algebra, and several on geometry, but they do not help me with
understanding the notation that is used.  I am in Grade 12 of High
School, and an excellent math student, maybe you could recomend a book
that might help me learn some of the notation used in books like this?
This fact has kept me from purchasing 3D Computer Graphics early, but I
guess i'll bite the bullet and get it.

Can anyone else out there recomend good books on either 3D Graphics, or
Mathematics that might help me, and other people out?

See ya later!

-----------------
End Communication

2. Lightsaber

3. A good Beginner 3d Graphics program?

4. Nvidia Cube Env Map : Rotated Images ?

5. Cameras in 3D, also Good 3D Graphics books

6. PVRG MPEG v1.2 for DOS inc XING

7. a good book for a beginner

8. Looking for a good book for beginners

9. Need a good beginners book

10. Best beginner's book for PS 6?