Airbrush algorithm

Post by TonyT » Fri, 26 Jul 1996 04:00:00

looking for algorithm to generate airbrush effect

Airbrush algorithm

Post by Jim Witt » Tue, 30 Jul 1996 04:00:00

writes:

Quote:>looking for algorithm to generate airbrush effect

I don't know what platform you are on, but NIH Image for the Macintosh
(do an internet search, I think the sumex archieves have it) has an
airbrush, along with complete souce code.  The code's in pascal, but a
newer version may be in C;  I don't know about IBM ports.

Jim Witte

//  "Alone I wait in the shadows.  I count the hours till I can sleep."
//  "I dreamed a dream, Cosette stood by."
//  "It made her weep to know I die."
//  - Jean Valjean, Les Miserables

1. Airbrush algorithm

I am searching for information on algorithms for implementing an airbrush tool
like those in Photoshop, etc.  Pointers to articles, books, source code...
would be greatly appreciated.

Is this just a convolution of a pattern with the image?  If so, what are some
good starting patterns, and how do they vary (darken) over time?

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Roger

2. Visualization '93 Conference Announcement

3. Airbrush/Crayon/Chalk, etc. algorithms

4. Nice gif code

5. wacom and the airbrush and Painter

6. HELP.HELP/SALVA MEA/SPASITE SOMEBODY