Sort of novice in graphic programming

Post by James Morco » Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I'm sort of  new in the programming in graphics.

Can anyone recommend a good web sites or textbooks, with tuition on how
to do graphic programming?

The only graphic programming I've done (4-5 years ago) was 2D graphic in
DOS (Turbo C's BGI).

Should I choose C++ or Delphi?

Should I get graphic engine, such as OpenGL or Direct X SDK?

I don't want to have re-invent the wheel.

Need advice.

Sort of novice in graphic programming

Post by Jean-Michel Courivau » Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Should I choose C++ or Delphi?

It depends on you :
Are you good at C++ => Choose C++
Are you good at Delphi => Choose Delphi
Are you better with VB => Choose VB

In fact it doesn't really matter for example you can use DirectX with delphi
really easily and since nearly everything is done by DirectX the performance
issues are not the point.

Quote:>Should I get graphic engine, such as OpenGL or Direct X SDK?

If you want to do some 3D stuff you certainly have to learn one or the other
(or even both)

Quote:>I don't want to have re-invent the wheel.

You don't have to!

1. Absolute novice needs help starting graphics programming on SGI

Could anybody give me some hints as to how I can start programming
graphics on an SGI Iris-Indigo running IRIX 4.0.5F ?

My previous experience has been on an HP workstation where I programmed
a CAD package using the Starbase Graphics Toolkit. These were essentially
graphics routines I could link to my C-code, with online manual help
available for each routine.

Is there a Toolkit like this on the SGI ?

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance !

2. Help: POV CD compressed file .s ??

3. Novice animation program

4. COREL DRAW 6.0

5. Graphics Novice Needs Help

6. HELP on IMAGE FILE FORMATS!

7. Novice and 3D Mac Graphics

8. Just Animate - Games!

9. Graphics novice question

10. Of interest to graphics designers and artists as well as novices

11. Need sort algorithm that takes linear time on a sorted list

12. Novice question: 3-D graphics transforms

13. Novice user needs help Creating simple triangle graphic