3D Procedural textures

Post by miracle.desi.. » Mon, 08 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Where can I find more information about 3D Procedural textures and how
to map them onto polygons ?

Thanks in advance,
Filip.

3D Procedural textures

Post by Jeff Lande » Tue, 09 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> Where can I find more information about 3D Procedural textures and how
> to map them onto polygons ?

> Thanks in advance,
> Filip.

Try.

Texturing and Modeling: A Procedural Approach
        David S. Ebert, F. Kenton Musgrave, Darwyn Peachey, Ken Perlin, and Steven Worley
        Academic Press Professional 1994 ISBN 0-12-228760-6

        More of a Renderman - type shader book.  It has some good explanations on topics
        like Environment mapping, bump mapping, and procedural textures.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lander                    Darwin3D

  Custom Realtime 3D Programming, Design, and Creation

1. 3D procedural Textures!

The STARFIRE Collection ver 2.0

If you are tired of trying to find a photograph to match the object you have
just created??  How many times have you wished you could create realisitc
surfaces, that would have ulimited resolution and scalability??

If you demand realism and flexibilty, then you need the StarFire Collection!

Procedural textures have many advantages over using photographs. They will
help you create better looking scenes and animations with allot less hassle!

Most Procedural Texturextures do not offer the controls  needed to create
believable scenes.  The StarFire Collection offers so many control parameters
that your only limitation is your own imagination!

You want realistic bricks, thatch, stone, snake skin, water  ???
We can give you that and much more!!

Come by and see what I am talking about.

http://www.dfwplaza.com/cg/

Computation Graphics create plugin's for Lightwave proffessionals.

dural texture can cover the area without repeating. Resolution can also be an issue with a scanned image, but procedural textures can be generated to almost any resolution desired.

2. Local Sampling Theorems

3. 3D Procedural Texture Mapping (Marble)

4. ADV: gInstall: Red Army Day Price crash!

5. 3d procedural textures that stick

6. FREE at home bussiness

7. Procedural Textures / Realtime Textured Sphere rendering

8. Delaunay in 3D

9. wtd: procedural texture to simulate wood grain

10. Procedural Texture Generator

11. Procedural Texture Synthesis Web Page

12. procedural texture