Source code to generate linear/log grid lines

Source code to generate linear/log grid lines

Post by Augie Henrique » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 00:48:54

Hi.

I'm looking for some source code in C to generate/label linear/log grid
lines for scientific graphs?

TIA

Augie

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 02:29:55

> I'm looking for some source code in C to generate/label linear/log grid
> lines for scientific graphs?

grid lines are usually not positioned by themselves, but rather at
those places where there are ticmarks on their respective axes. For
placing those, you might want to have a look at the source of gnuplot,
or GNU plotutils, to name just two opensource packages of this kind.

1. grid lines on log-log plots

Hi,

        A few weeks ago, I was asking about the grid lines on a log-log plot.

pointed out that the tick placement command (set xtics) works differently in
the Pre 3.6 version in that if the axis is logarithmic, the increment
is used as a multiplicative factor.  This does indeed work on my 32bit microsoft windows version.

        My question is:  How difficult would it be to have an option to have the tick placement
work like it did in version 3.5? (for example, if the increment is negative, then revert to 3.5 method)
Using the 3.5 method, set xtics 1000,500,10000 would place a tick mark every 500 in the range 1000
to 10000.

        I (and other engineers here) use GNUPLOT 3.6 for most plotting (75%), and GNUPLOT 3.5 for LOG-LOG
plotting (25%).  It would be nice to only need one version.

Thanks,
Rob

2. looking for routines (algorithms) to do image comparison

3. No grid lines on log-log plots (continued)

4. 3D Development on windows NT: logical ???

5. no grid lines on log-log plots

6. SGI 320?

7. On Line Vs. Off Line Editing/Linear Vs. Non Linear

8. B-Spline Code for X

9. Looking for good algorithms on Log-Log, Semi-Log and log scales

10. linear quadtree source code in C++ available

11. FORTRAN Source Code for 3D Structured Grid Visualization

12. generate GIF file source code