3ds to ase

Post by Paul Bake » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 10:41:32

Does anyone know of a free/shareware program which will convert .3ds model
files (or any other major file type) into the .ase format?

Thanks

3ds to ase

Post by Paul Bake » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 10:34:35

Does anyone know of a free/shareware program which will convert 3ds model
files into the ase format?

Thanks

3ds to ase

Post by El Scorpi » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 22:04:50

>Does anyone know of a free/shareware program which will convert .3ds model
>files (or any other major file type) into the .ase format?

>Thanks

I don't know of any program that will go FROM 3ds TO ase, but for the other
way around (ie from ase to 3ds), try 3D Exploration by X Dimension Software.

A trial version can be downloaded from www.xdsoft.com/explorer/

If I can come up with something else, I'll let u know

El Scorpio - he who hunts bits for a living

1. 3ds MAX ASE file

Have they changed the ASE format since 3ds MAX version 4?
What I am refering to is the TM_ANIMATION for rotations.
They seem to be represented in quaternions now instead of euler
angles.

Why have they done this? They probably figure that more engine makers
use quaternions than euler angles to describe rotations. But changing
the format forces everyone with existing ASE-parsers to change their
code!

Have anyone else experienced this, or can I somewhere in 3ds MAX
choose output format for this?

Otherwise I guess I am forced to make some kind of translation between
quaternions and euler.

file formats are sacred.... dont touch!

2. Memory problems in win95

3. Texture mapping problem with 3ds MAX , ASE files

4. Corel 7 bug

5. rotation in the 3DS Max ASE file format

6. Win 98 vs Win NT

7. Changes in the ASE format in 3ds MAX 5

8. 3DS Max 2 - ase files

9. 3ds ase format key-frame animation..

10. 3DS Max 2.0 / .ASE file format

11. .ase format, anyone?