Closed curve fitting

Post by Fung Wai Keu » Tue, 23 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

        I need an algorithm to fit a closed curve on a set of data
points that are sampled from a closed curve.  I especially need to
recover the control polygon for that closed curve.  Does any computer
graphics expert can help me in devising the algorithm?  Any help will be
greatly appreciated.

PS. I prefer using B-spline curve for curve fitting.

Regards,

1. Closed and periodic B-spline curve fitting

Hello,
I need information related to least squares fitting of closed and
periodic B-spline curves to a set of point data. I don't expect to
obtain a ready-made algorithm but any hints, links and information are
welcome.
Thank you very much.

Regards:

Kiril

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

2. HDF MS VC++ Workspace File/For Simple COnsole App

3. Handedness of curve (closed or not closed)

4. Human Animation : Interactive 3d Web Demos with Java

5. Beizer curve fitting/ B-spline Fitting

6. Circular View

7. Curve coarsening ? (opposite of curve fitting)

8. FAST way to determine whether a point is in a circle???

9. closing nurb curves

10. closing nurb curves ..a challenge

11. Closed Curves from Curvature Graphs

12. Knot format for closed NURB curve interpolation