Enybody knows something about "VOXEL" ???

Enybody knows something about "VOXEL" ???

Post by Alexander M. Sidoren » Wed, 14 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Maybe you seen game "Comanche" or demo "Mars", based on VOXEL
technology ???
About VOXEL we know only that it is a 3D-Pixel (and we even not sure this).
If you know some mathematic or something else,< please respond.
We also interesing how to make this  extremaly FAST (shit ! I can't
write text in this ... UNIX >:(

P.S. We (StrikeTeam) have the BEST algorithmes, such GOURAUD,
Texture, flat scalling, etc.
Sorry for bad english.

:
: P.S. We (StrikeTeam) have the BEST algorithmes, such GOURAUD,
: Texture, flat scalling, etc.
: Sorry for bad english.

There is a txt file from the author of MARS explaining how he did it.
Its on x2ftp.oulu.fi, but as to the directory or file name? sorry.

Sam.

Post by Andrea Griffi » Thu, 15 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>Maybe you seen game "Comanche" or demo "Mars", based on VOXEL
>technology ???
>About VOXEL we know only that it is a 3D-Pixel (and we even not sure this).
>If you know some mathematic or something else,< please respond.
>We also interesing how to make this  extremaly FAST (shit ! I can't
>write text in this ... UNIX >:(

>P.S. We (StrikeTeam) have the BEST algorithmes, such GOURAUD,
>Texture, flat scalling, etc.
>Sorry for bad english.

I just released a my old "voxel" (voxel is not the correct term...
anyway people immediately understand what you're speaking of) wich I
think is better than MARS program... (even if not optimizied and so a
little slower) check out my webpage at http://vv.val.net/~agriffini

--------------------------------------------------_

                        http://vv.val.net/~agriffini   \

Enybody knows something about "VOXEL" ???

Post by Christopher De Angel » Sat, 17 Feb 1996 04:00:00

For starters, check out  "otmvoxel.zip"
It's got excellent documentation and includes the C++ source code.

Sorry - don't remember where I got it!

Chris

>Maybe you seen game "Comanche" or demo "Mars", based on VOXEL
>technology ???
>About VOXEL we know only that it is a 3D-Pixel (and we even not sure this).
>If you know some mathematic or something else,< please respond.
>We also interesing how to make this  extremaly FAST (shit ! I can't
>write text in this ... UNIX >:(

>P.S. We (StrikeTeam) have the BEST algorithmes, such GOURAUD,
>Texture, flat scalling, etc.
>Sorry for bad english.

Chris De Angelis

#include <disclaimer.h>

Enybody knows something about "VOXEL" ???

Post by Mike Chap » Sat, 24 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>For starters, check out  "otmvoxel.zip"
>It's got excellent documentation and includes the C++ source code.

>Sorry - don't remember where I got it!

I found it at ftp://x2ftp.oulu.fi:pub/msdos/programming/somedirectory

Post by Jyrki Alakuija » Tue, 27 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>>For starters, check out  "otmvoxel.zip"

>I found it at ftp://x2ftp.oulu.fi:pub/msdos/programming/somedirectory

Me too. It just turned out that that package did not have
anything to do with voxels. It implemented displacement
mapping instead of one of the many voxel rendering algorithms.

The primitive algorithm presented in otmvoxel seems suitable for
rendering 8-bit landscapes. It most surtainly fails in rendering
voxelized 3D models such as volumetric medical images.

--Jyrki

1. ****"""""BUG IN PROGRAM"""*****

Does anyone have a problem using PhotoShop 3.  I have alien skin filters
and Kai's Power Tools and yet if I use the spheroid designer in Kai's Power
Tools and then try to add a drop shadow to it using alien skin, PhotoShop
crashes.  Has anyone got a solution to this problem.  It's really bugging
me (pun not intentional).

Yours Pete

2. Pagemaker 6.5 Library

3. rotating "voxel" terrains

4. Complete N00b alert :)

5. rotating "voxel" terr

6. Sony Digital8 w/ Video Studio6

7. Tim Clarke: "Voxel landcsapes" (original text)

8. ".pcx"-->to something Mac friendly?

9. Something about "textures"?

10. Something that "might" help face modeling

11. """"LOOKING FOR METRAEYES MODELLER AND TURBO.PXP FOR AN EXCHANGE"""""