Pixel Plot to Line Plot algorithm.

Post by Shawn Barbe » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I am working in OpenGL to 'draw' symbols in a larger application. The
symbols are defined as hex drawing instructions as follows:
    Move           Draw then Move
   D E                 5 6 7
   C   8               4   0
   B A 9               3 2 1
Thus the hex string 000000 would draw a line 6 pixels long. Well the
problem is we have about 1600 symbols defined in the file and when we
pixel plot them, the code generated is very, very long. So what I want
to do is to convert any groups of three or more pixels into a line. So
I was wondering if there was an algorithm out there to do this. I'm
fairly new to graphics algorithms so please wxcuse me if I've left out
any details. Thanks.

Shawn

1. Don't plot missing data in a timeseries line plot

Hello,

I have timeseries data from Jan 1 - Jan 31, one observation per day.
There are 6-7 days of no data, but in a line plot of the data, gnuplot
merrily extrapolates across those days of missing data to the next day
which contains data.

I would prefer that the line plot have NO LINES across days of missing
data, and that the lines simply begin again where the data are valid.

Can this be done?

--
Andrew Loughe =====================================================

325 Broadway             |  wwweb: www-ad.fsl.noaa.gov/users/loughe
Boulder, CO  80305-3328  |  phone: 303-497-6211   fax: 303-497-6301

2. Free Web Art.

3. Plotting vertical line on plot

4. Hash Objects

5. Line & Polygon plotting algorithm(s) wanted

6. Fitting a viewing frustum to an AABB

7. Fast Line plotting algorithm

8. Plotting Equipotential Lines and Flow Lines?

9. gpv3.6b325 plot with lines result in *very* large lines

10. Line algorithm for generating n pixels wide line required

11. 3-D mesh plotting,surface plots ?....