3Dsmax Bad buisness

Post by Oliver Stille » Mon, 03 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi lafur,

I agree the Autodesk liscencing terms are unnecessary ristrictive
but you are free to return the package after reading the liscensing
conditions if you are unhappy with any of the limitations.

Regards

Oliver (suffering from the same problem as "Chris")

Quote:

> Beware if you are thinking of "investing" in 3Dsmax license!!!, you are
> going to do BAD buisness!!!!

> Why is that??  well Ill tell you why:

> When you have given 4500$ + 24.5% VAT for the license (that is the price
> for the license in Iceland), then you better find work for it because
> you are not allowed to sell it again, or to transfere the license to
> another user!! you are stuck with it, and another thing!!, you better
> not move to another country for you are not allowed to use the software
> in any other country than the one you bought it in!!!!.

[...]

3Dsmax Bad buisness

Post by √≥lafur Ragnarsso » Wed, 05 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Beware if you are thinking of "investing" in 3Dsmax license!!!, you are
going to do BAD buisness!!!!

Why is that??  well Ill tell you why:

When you have given 4500$ + 24.5% VAT for the license (that is the price
for the license in Iceland), then you better find work for it because
you are not allowed to sell it again, or to transfere the license to
another user!! you are stuck with it, and another thing!!, you better
not move to another country for you are not allowed to use the software
in any other country than the one you bought it in!!!!.

I have made a attempt to buy new software from U.S.A where I could get
it for the half of the price as in Iceland, No sorry not possible for
you may only buy it from the dealer in Iceland and pay the double!! for
as you know they must live to:-), and live well!!.

OkOk, then I tryed to buy second hand 3dsmax from a fellow that
advertised here in the newsgroups, and the reply from kinetix was that
he was stuck with his "investment", Chris(thats his name) needed the
money for something else, but no he was not allowed to transfere the
license to me and not even to a fellow american, he had not the buisness
for it and is loosing his money!!, so the conclusion is

Dont fool around with the Autodesk software makers, they will surtenly
fool you!!

but hey now I understand why pirate software is so popular, those guys
dont fool around with the software makers at all:-)))

Olafur Icelander

1. 3dsmax BAD buisness

[...]

2. Removing greyscale from a color picture

3. PPM to PGM conversion

4. 3dsmax Bad buisness

5. clouds and difference clouds filter settings gone slightly mad

6. 3dsmax BAD buisness

7. DX VB.NET Vs DX VC++.NET

8. 3Dsmax Bad buisness

9. 3dsmax is BAD Buisness

10. Bad bad bad color from printer

11. 3DSMAX RENDERING QUALITY BAD ??????????

12. My Colors dither really bad in 3DSMAX, and I need your help