Merging 2 quad edge structures

Post by Frank Brugm » Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,

I am brand new in this field so why not lets start to post the
most difficult question at once:

Is there any source/documentation available to merge two
3D Volume Quad edge structures into one?
These Quad edge structures should also have polyhydra information.

Many thanks in advance.

 Frank Brugman               TNO Road-Vehicles Research Institute
 Phone: +31 15 2 69 70 35    P.O. Box 6033, 2600 JA,  DELFT
 Fax:   +31 15 2 62 43 21    The Netherlands

 Quote of the year:        '

Post by Yaohong Jia » Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Hi there,

>I am brand new in this field so why not lets start to post the
>most difficult question at once:

>Is there any source/documentation available to merge two
>3D Volume Quad edge structures into one?
>These Quad edge structures should also have polyhydra information.

What are 3D Volume Quad edge structures ? Are you trying to merge
two 3D polyhedra, i.e., boolean operations ?

Dennis
http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~ds755/

Merging 2 quad edge structures

Post by Frank Brugm » Thu, 24 Dec 1998 04:00:00

: >Hi there,
: >
: >I am brand new in this field so why not lets start to post the
: >most difficult question at once:
: >
: >Is there any source/documentation available to merge two
: >3D Volume Quad edge structures into one?
: >These Quad edge structures should also have polyhydra information.

: What are 3D Volume Quad edge structures ? Are you trying to merge
: two 3D polyhedra, i.e., boolean operations ?

: Dennis
: http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~ds755/

Yes, I want to merge 3D polyhedra.
In fact I want to use one polyhedra to dived the other polyhedra
in sections. I am interested in the sectionized(?) polyhedra

 Frank Brugman               TNO Road-Vehicles Research Institute
 Phone: +31 15 2 69 70 35    P.O. Box 6033, 2600 JA,  DELFT
 Fax:   +31 15 2 62 43 21    The Netherlands

 Quote of the year:        '

1. >>>>help+++The QUAD-EDGE data structure

Could anybody explain me the quad-egde data structure?
I want to implement Guibas-Stolfi's incremental alghoritm, but I don't know
how to implement the quad-edge (without Flip operator).
I konw that there are next, data fields, but what are they mean? What type
are they?
It is very important thing for me.

I'll be very grateful for your help.

2. FITS formatted astronomical images

3. extract faces from quad edge data structure

4. For Animation in Layout

5. Quad-Edge data structures

6. Windows 95 drivers for page-scanner Chinon ds-3000

7. Winged-edge or Quad-edge?

8. Changing from *.au to *.wav

9. b-reps, winged edge vs quad edge

10. Quad edges

11. WANTED: Winged-Edge data structure papers

12. Winged-edge data structure

13. Help: Winged-Edge Data Structure