RT 3D Java

Post by Manue » Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I'm pretty new to Java and I was wondering if someone could point me to
a source for doing real time 3D stuff. I've just seen a page that had a
textured rotating cube that you could click on to access HTML frames.
Any help appreciated. Thanks !

Manu.

RT 3D Java

Post by Peter Walse » Sat, 10 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Jump to:
http://www2.active.ch/~proxima/idx3d/idx3d.htm
There you will find my idx3d engine, written in 100% Java,
including the entire source code. It supports Wireframe,
Flatshading, Gouraud, Phong (approximative), Textures
and Evironment Mapping.

Greetinx: Peter
 Peter Walser

 HomePage: http://www2.active.ch/~proxima

Quote:

> I'm pretty new to Java and I was wondering if someone could point me to
> a source for doing real time 3D stuff. I've just seen a page that had a
> textured rotating cube that you could click on to access HTML frames.
> Any help appreciated. Thanks !

> Manu.

1. RT - Info on classical textures and fractal textures, Bob RT

Hi, folks.

I've got to do a memo on texture rendering in ray-tracers
(marble, wood, etc.) and fractal textures.

Anyone having good pointers and references on papers and books or
anything on the subject would be welcome to send me e-mail at the
address below.

We're using the 'Bob' ray-tracer provided in the book "Photorealism
(...)" by Watkins et al. I'd like people having used it to let me know
about their impressions too, especially concerning textures.

Thanks in advance

--

Ralph Potdevin

Supelec                         Centre de Recherche en Informatique de Nancy
4 pl. Edouard Branly    &   Universite de Nancy I
57070 METZ Cedex                BP 239
(33) 87 37 20 52                54506 VANDOEUVRE-LES-NANCY Cedex
                   F R A N C E
Tout est dant tout, et reciproquement.

2. a Question about the rayhittest in Entropy.

3. 3D RT Graphics Shading Languages

4. Field Render Puzzle

5. Hi-Tech RT 3D Characters?

6. SIGGRAPH schedule

7. Design the Web Quality 3D animations Gif89 Java JavaScript 3D soft free stat counter

8. 3d max exporter for Java 3d?

9. importing 3d studio max animations to C++ or Java 3D

10. Design the Web Quality 3D animations Gif89 Java JavaScript 3D soft free stat counter

11. CO-Denver- Java Developer (or strong OOP Java wannabe) ( 865471 )