my first attempt at HLSL gone awry

Post by Ian McMea » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:57:50

Here is the file I am working on. Hopefully that will work for other
people.
http://www3.telus.net/darweidu/broken_diffuse.xml

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying out HLSL, and I
want to set up simple (diffuse + ambient) lighting shader. However, it
doesn't work, it looks all wrong.

I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with not setting up the
normal properly, but I'm doing it exactly the same way the other
rendermonkey HLSL examples do.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I can post the HLSL code if people don't have rendermonkey and can't
get it...

1. HELP: MPEG ENCODING GONE AWRY!!!

The title says most of it: whenever I encode a string of .bmp's or
.tga's into an avi then encode them into an MPEG, something odd happens.

All of the red that was in the image disappears.  I'm using pjBmp2AVI
for that conversion, then avi2mpg1 for that one (descriptive program
names are great, aren't they?).

The original avi looks fine, no problem, all the colors are there.  The
mpeg is tinted green heavily.

I'm planning on entering my first anim in this month's IRTC competition,
so any help would be greatly appreciated (Deadline? What deadline? Why
do they call it a deadline?).

Thanks-

John Tougas

2. Wish to do Lightening FX

3. Prisms gone awry!

4. LF: Chamfer-Matching

5. My first attempts at raytracing...

6. gold texture

7. Graphics Formats---a first attempt

8. New Tutorial: Using Light* (Formerly Lightscape)

9. First attempt

10. My First Attempt At Vector Drawing

11. OK, my first attempt at something artistic

12. Wacom Graphire2 - first attempt