1. Euler angles --> Angle axis vector
Hi, once again I try to come back to the poor core math part of my code.
I'm at the point where I need to clarify and try again to setup a solid
3D movement class.
So, I first need is to attach to every object a direction vector. I
presume this direction vector is the one used in calls to glRotate.
So, instead of having the poors :
I would like to have :
I think it's a first step to a more intelligent code.
Of course my rotate functions still to be controled in degrees.
So I plan to feed my rotateBy(x,y,z) with x,y,z angle increments and
recompute the new angle axis vector.
What do I have ?
- the CVector3 direction vector
- a rotation matrix (opengl OR my own just for learning)
- computing the two will give me a new matrix
- extract from the resulting matrix the new direction vector
- use this vector with glRotate with a 0 value for the angle parameter
Am I right ? How can I "extract" the result from the matrix ? At what
position in the matrix are the 3 values I need (may be 4 in homogenous
By the way, I'm trying to find a simple (java or not) application that
would help me visualizing this kind of operations... Any hint ?
2. Blank Video Tapes?
3. Euler angles from vector
4. Free Cash Grant
5. angle between vectors
6. Antialiasing with RE
7. quickie [angle between vectors]
8. problem with calculating angle between vectors
9. Angles between vectors in 3D
10. 3 rotation angles to vector
11. signed angle between vectors
12. Angle between vectors