SIGGRAPH Hotel Gratuitous 3D Visualization

SIGGRAPH Hotel Gratuitous 3D Visualization

Post by Stephen H. West » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 22:50:52

Having a hard time deciding which hotel to book? Trying to get close
to the hall without spending an arm and a leg? Use my

  3D SIGGRAPH Hotel Visualization

to get a bird's-eye view of all the conference hotels, with cost shown
as a 3rd dimension on the map.

See <http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/siggraph_hotels.html>.

NOTE: This is a VRML97 file, so you will need a VRML viewer.

--
-Stephen H. Westin

Post by Alexander Agatho » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 23:11:43

> Having a hard time deciding which hotel to book? Trying to get close
> to the hall without spending an arm and a leg? Use my

>   3D SIGGRAPH Hotel Visualization

> to get a bird's-eye view of all the conference hotels, with cost shown
> as a 3rd dimension on the map.

> See <http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/siggraph_hotels.html>.

> NOTE: This is a VRML97 file, so you will need a VRML viewer.

Just a thought...

I think that a Hierarchical representation of the area would be more
appropriate...For instance when you zoom at the roads the triangulation
of the ground should get denser exposing more details...
Really just a thought. :-)

Alex.

Post by Stephen H. West » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 23:45:29

> > Having a hard time deciding which hotel to book? Trying to get close
> > to the hall without spending an arm and a leg? Use my

> >   3D SIGGRAPH Hotel Visualization

> > to get a bird's-eye view of all the conference hotels, with cost shown
> > as a 3rd dimension on the map.

> > See <http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/siggraph_hotels.html>.

> > NOTE: This is a VRML97 file, so you will need a VRML viewer.
> Just a thought...

> I think that a Hierarchical representation of the area would be more
> appropriate...For instance when you zoom at the roads the triangulation
> of the ground should get denser exposing more details...
> Really just a thought. :-)

Come on now, I already wasted the better part of one afternoon on this :).

--
-Stephen H. Westin

Post by Alexander Agatho » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 01:50:58

>>>Having a hard time deciding which hotel to book? Trying to get close
>>>to the hall without spending an arm and a leg? Use my

>>>  3D SIGGRAPH Hotel Visualization

>>>to get a bird's-eye view of all the conference hotels, with cost shown
>>>as a 3rd dimension on the map.

>>>See <http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/siggraph_hotels.html>.

>>>NOTE: This is a VRML97 file, so you will need a VRML viewer.

>>Just a thought...

>>I think that a Hierarchical representation of the area would be more
>>appropriate...For instance when you zoom at the roads the triangulation
>>of the ground should get denser exposing more details...
>>Really just a thought. :-)

> Come on now, I already wasted the better part of one afternoon on this :).

:) Just kidding...

1. Hotel recommendations for SIGGRAPH

Any advice or recommendations on hotels for SIGGRAPH? I have the list
of hotels in the advance program. I'd like to stay somewhere as cheap
as possible without staying in a dump. How are the dorms at USC?  Is
there a shuttle or bus from campus to the convention center? Thanks for
any advice.

- Dave

2. I'm in need for SGI background information

3. Hotel, expensive, roommate, SIGGRAPH

4. REGARDING THE MAXTREME DRIVERS

5. SIGGRAPH '92 hotel update #2

6. How do I animate a pulley?

7. SIGGRAPH 92 hotel update

8. SIGGRAPH'92 : Need a roommate to share a hotel room

9. Plane flights/hotels for SIGGRAPH '91

10. Does anyone know any early info on SIGGRAPH '91 hotels

11. Siggraph Hotel Rooms?

12. OpenGL SIG at SIGGRAPH, Thursday July 23 1-2:30, Omni Rosen Hotel