Graphics standards

Post by fj » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 21:52:31

Hi,
Could anybody tell me which are the major standards/packages for 2d
graphics, 3d graphics and game development, apart from OpenGL, DirectX, SVG,
and Flash. I am preparing a comparitive study of the various 2d/3d
standards, and I want to know if I've missed anything out
TIA
-fj

Graphics standards

Post by Torben Schul » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 00:13:28

> Could anybody tell me which are the major standards/packages for 2d
> graphics, 3d graphics and game development, apart from OpenGL, DirectX,
> SVG, and Flash. I am preparing a comparitive study of the various 2d/3d
> standards, and I want to know if I've missed anything out

what about Allegro and SDL? they are quite important for open source and
cross-plattform development. see http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/allegro/ and
http://www.libsdl.org/ for details...