Algorithm for Octree Quantization

Post by Ian Ashdow » Sat, 01 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>I want the algorithm for "Octree Quantization: An algorithm for Color
>Quantization". I have found two places where this algorithm is explained
but
>it is not very clear. Can somebody mail me the algorithm which is explained
>very clearly or tell me the web site where I can find it? I will be very
>grateful if somebody can provide me this information.

Sure -- go to http://www.ledalite.com and look in the library section. There
is a comprehensive bibliography of color quantization papers (over 100), C++
source code for the Gervautz-Purgathofer octree color quantization
algorithm, and my article on the topic from a past issue (I believe March
1995) of C/C++ Users Journal.

Ian Ashdown, P. Eng., LC     |              READ THE BOOK!
Vice President, R & D        |  Radiosity: A Programmer's Perspective
byHeart Consultants Limited  |          John Wiley & Sons 1994
West Vancouver, BC (Canada)  |    http://mypage.direct.ca/b/byheart

1. Octree color quantization info

hello netters,

I'm looking for some more info on the Octree color quant. technique found
in Graphics Gems 1.  The book didn't go into nearly enough detail.  No souce,
and just minimal explanation.

Does anyone has any code or got this algo. down?
Any info will be much appreciated.
--

                                         |  \__/   My general fee, lab fee
Founder of the Dead.Article Society      |     \__ go to you and I get 4 lousy
Discussion and tea every Wednesday nite  |         signature lines, let me tell

2. glutSolidSphere and texture Mapping

3. Octree Quantization Source Code

4. QRT/DKB to gif

5. Octree quantization of 24 bit images

6. iMac or G3/300 ?

7. Octree vs. Median Cut Color Quantization

8. Octree Colour Quantization

9. Octree Quantization

10. Q: Octree colour quantization

11. Octree Quantization