Help on rotating in layout

Post by Simon McIntyr » Tue, 30 Sep 1997 04:00:00

--------------58FCBEE140813EE5EBBC8273

Right, this is going to sound unbelievably stupid but I can't rotate
around the B axis in layout in lightwave 5.5 , I'm a newbie and got the
prgram second hand without manuals, (boy was that stupid), thinking that
I could use it after mastering imagine 4.0, but I can't and I'm kind of
stuck,

I also can't work out how to make edges in modeler , so when I do a
profile and lathe it just creates points, which area pain to make into a
solid object.

If anyone could answer my queries I'de be very grateful, a good galss
attribute would also be nice, because I'm trying to make a background
for a news broadcast liek the BBC where there is a picture related to
the story in a beveled glass box which looks rather cool, it's also got
a gradient background, my problem is that the gradient background I'm
using goes blocking when I map it onto a plane and put it behind my
image and the glass block looks real fake even with refraction, etc. The
image I put behind it also goes real blocky and upping the resolution on
it doesn't seem to help.

Generally I need HELP HELP HELP HELP

Thaking you in advance.

Simon McIntyre
a lightwave newbie.

--------------58FCBEE140813EE5EBBC8273

<HTML>
Right, this is going to sound unbelievably stupid but I can't rotate around
the B axis in layout in lightwave 5.5 , I'm a newbie and got the prgram
second hand without manuals, (boy was that stupid), thinking that I could
use it after mastering imagine 4.0, but I can't and I'm kind of stuck,

<P>I also can't work out how to make edges in modeler , so when I do a
profile and lathe it just creates points, which area pain to make into
a solid object.

<P>If anyone could answer my queries I'de be very grateful, a good galss
attribute would also be nice, because I'm trying to make a background for
a news broadcast liek the BBC where there is a picture related to the story
in a beveled glass box which looks rather cool, it's also got a gradient
background, my problem is that the gradient background I'm using goes blocking
when I map it onto a plane and put it behind my image and the glass block
looks real fake even with refraction, etc. The image I put behind it also
goes real blocky and upping the resolution on it doesn't seem to help.

<P>Generally I need HELP HELP HELP HELP

<P>Thaking you in advance.

<P><I>Simon McIntyre</I>
<BR>a lightwave newbie.
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

Post by Dro » Wed, 01 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> Right, this is going to sound unbelievably stupid but I can't rotate around
> the B axis in layout in lightwave 5.5 , I'm a newbie and got the prgram
> second hand without manuals, (boy was that stupid), thinking that I could
> use it after mastering imagine 4.0, but I can't and I'm kind of stuck,

> <P>I also can't work out how to make edges in modeler , so when I do a
> profile and lathe it just creates points, which area pain to make into
> a solid object.

> <P>If anyone could answer my queries I'de be very grateful, a good galss
> attribute would also be nice, because I'm trying to make a background for
> a news broadcast liek the BBC where there is a picture related to the story
> in a beveled glass box which looks rather cool, it's also got a gradient
> background, my problem is that the gradient background I'm using goes blocking
> when I map it onto a plane and put it behind my image and the glass block
> looks real fake even with refraction, etc. The image I put behind it also
> goes real blocky and upping the resolution on it doesn't seem to help.

> <P>Generally I need HELP HELP HELP HELP

If you've never read the manual, you're not going to get far in Lightwave.
To rotate on the B, I think you hold down the ctrl key (I have a Mac, so
it's a little different). For your profile, create, or "Make" polygon after
selecting your points. I'll help you with this much, but I suggest
investing some money in some Lightwave books so you won't have to ask
questions that may invite flames.

--
Droo

Help on rotating in layout

Post by Sabachk » Mon, 06 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>> the B axis in layout in lightwave 5.5 , I'm a newbie and got the prgram
>> second hand without manuals, (boy was that stupid), thinking that I could
>If you've never read the manual, you're not going to get far in Lightwave.
< --- snip --- >
>investing some money in some Lightwave books so you won't have to ask
>questions that may invite flames.

... and on the subject of manuals:

Where would you suggest to find said books? I'm not in the same boat, but I
am using a copy of a friends father, who uses the software professionally.
I'd go and find the manual, but anything nearby is layered with dust and the
father gets very angered when anyone (including his kin) move anything.
Neither my friend or myself know enough to get very far, and I was wondering
if there was 'suggested' reading to go with the modeler, and possibly the
main animation program.

Thanks,
Nikolai Colton

Help on rotating in layout

Post by MarcMyl » Wed, 08 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>>If you've never read the manual, you're not going to get far in Lightwave.
>< --- snip --- >
>>investing some money in some Lightwave books so you won't have to ask
>>questions that may invite flames.

>... and on the subject of manuals:

>Where would you suggest to find said books? I'm not in the same boat, but I
>am using a copy of a friends father, who uses the software professionally.
>I'd go and find the manual, but anything nearby is layered with dust and the
>father gets very angered when anyone (including his kin) move anything.
>Neither my friend or myself know enough to get very far, and I was wondering
>if there was 'suggested' reading to go with the modeler, and possibly the
>main animation program.

Gotta give you a few points for creativity for this explanation.

-M.

1. HELP Please: Saving in Layout Crashes Layout

I used to have this problem a long time ago, but I solved it.  Now I'm
having the problem angain and can't remember what I did to overcome it.
Help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Info:
Mac 8500
300mhz G3
OS 8.0
Lightwave 5.6 build 259

2. A few scanning tips

3. mini tutorial: layout for sculpting / gutes layout fürs sculpt tool

4. LO3DS plugin

5. help - graph layout algorithms???

6. Please help w/20" HP monitor troubles PLEASE!

7. HELP: layout out for directed graph (barycenter)

8. POVLAB & MS BUSMOUSE

9. CD JACKET LAYOUT????HELP??

10. Virtual Volunteer Opportunity: Help Charity with page layout

11. HELP with Quark document Layout!

12. scan, edit, divide then layout....Help!!

13. OT: layout help