Siggraph Hotel Rooms?

Post by Emile Edwin Smi » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

It's off subject but does anyone know of any hotels in New Orleans that
have rooms available during Siggraph (I will be there from the 5th to the
11th.) Any lead would be appreciated, everything I have tried is booked.

-Emile Edwin Smith

-An about to graduate student in Visual Arts
-Anyone need a janitor?

Siggraph Hotel Rooms?

Post by Bil » Sun, 21 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>It's off subject but does anyone know of any hotels in New Orleans that
>have rooms available during Siggraph (I will be there from the 5th to the
>11th.) Any lead would be appreciated, everything I have tried is booked.
>Thanks,

Everyone I tried was also booked; I found a room at a bed & breakfast
in the French Quarter. B&Bs will probably still have rooms available,
since they're smaller.....

Siggraph Hotel Rooms?

Post by Jim M » Fri, 26 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> >It's off subject but does anyone know of any hotels in New Orleans that
> >have rooms available during Siggraph (I will be there from the 5th to the
> >11th.) Any lead would be appreciated, everything I have tried is booked.
> >Thanks,

> Everyone I tried was also booked; I found a room at a bed & breakfast
> in the French Quarter. B&Bs will probably still have rooms available,
> since they're smaller.....

I have access to a hotel room that was reserved by friends here at Vivid
who will not be going.  I cannot financially handle that room on my own,
but if 2 or 3 folks in similar straits would like to split its costs, give
me a call at (416) 340-9290 x226.  It is located in the downtown core,
just about 25 minuts walk (tops) from the convention center.  I just found
this out today, I'll have more details concerning its location and room
size tomorrow.  We are holding on to that reservation for some more days
just to give me or others a chance to avail ourselves of it.

Jim May        (http://www.inforamp.net/~scrutnzr)
The Vivid Group
Mandala VR Systems

Siggraph Hotel Rooms?

Post by Guillaum » Mon, 29 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Someone told me that the scenes from LW4 are not copatible with LW5
Layout... The screen stays black, the render too...

How come??

Siggraph Hotel Rooms?

Post by Bryan J. Blevin » Wed, 31 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> Someone told me that the scenes from LW4 are not copatible with LW5
> Layout... The screen stays black, the render too...

> How come??

LW 5.0 handles light intensity falloff differently than earlier versions.
After loading a pre5.0 scene, adjust any lights that use falloff.

Other than this, I've not had any problems loading 4.0 scenes.

Bryan J. Blevins                 Blevins Enterprises, Inc.

                      (208)885-3805

   I am Homer of Borg! Prepare to be... Ooooooo! Donuts!

1. SIGGRAPH'92 : Need a roommate to share a hotel room

Hi Netters,

I shall be attending the SIGGRAPH'92 conference in Chicago this July
( 25-31st ) and am looking for a place to stay. I would like to know if any
of you are also planning to be in Chicago during that time and if you
are either looking for someone to share a room with or would be interested in
sharing with me. If you are interested in sharing a room at one of the
designated hotels - ofcourse the cheapest one is $90 for a single with
double occupancy, please let me know at the earliest. In the latter case I
would have to reserve a room real soon. If you are looking for a roommate,
please to let me know and we can talk about it. Thanks.

| College of Computing,                 |                                     |
| Georgia Institute of Technology,      | Phone : (404)-894-9147 (Lab.)       |
| Atlanta Georgia, 30332                |         (404)-564-0296 (Res.)       |

2. SETTINGS for HP 722C and PanaSync E50

3. Hotel recommendations for SIGGRAPH

4. ImageWriter dithered color?

5. Hotel, expensive, roommate, SIGGRAPH

6. Looking for stopwatch 3D model

7. SIGGRAPH '92 hotel update #2

8. Any general rectangle covering algorithms?

9. SIGGRAPH 92 hotel update

10. Plane flights/hotels for SIGGRAPH '91

11. Does anyone know any early info on SIGGRAPH '91 hotels

12. SIGGRAPH Hotel Gratuitous 3D Visualization

13. OpenGL SIG at SIGGRAPH, Thursday July 23 1-2:30, Omni Rosen Hotel