Moniters...anyone?

Post by myo.. » Mon, 22 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Moniters

        I recently made the choice to go with Lightwave 5.0 and have been builing my machine accordingly....  I settled on a
matrox millenium w/4mbram   (and from what I have been reading a possible mistake!)  I was wondering if anyone has an idea on
what moniter would work best with that particular video card... Looking for 17"

        Also If anyone has horror stories running it on Windows NT

        Thanx

Moniters...anyone?

Post by B Haye » Mon, 22 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I have been running the Matrox4mg card on an NT systen. No horror storys
to report. It is a VERY good video card. It is NOT a openGL accelerator
card. If that is what you are looking for then you need to speend $2000
or more. the Matrox will let you play 3D games like Duke Nukem, or Quake
with amazing smoothness. Although that is not all that productive when
your trying to get a job done.
--
Brad Hayes
http://www.pacificnet.net/~bjhayes

Moniters...anyone?

Post by Ron Lewkiewic » Tue, 23 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> Moniters

>         I recently made the choice to go with Lightwave 5.0 and have been builing my machine accordingly....  I settled on a
> matrox millenium w/4mbram   (and from what I have been reading a possible mistake!)  I was wondering if anyone has an idea on
> what moniter would work best with that particular video card... Looking for 17"

I run my Matrox w/ the Nanao (now Eizo) T2-17TS.  In a word, the monitor
is beautiful.  It has one numerous awards, and in my opinion, it is the
best 17" monitor out there.
-Ron

Moniters...anyone?

Post by Wayne S. William » Wed, 24 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> Moniters

>         I recently made the choice to go with Lightwave 5.0 and have been builing my machine accordingly....  I settled on a
> matrox millenium w/4mbram   (and from what I have been reading a possible mistake!)  I was wondering if anyone has an idea on
> what moniter would work best with that particular video card... Looking for 17"

    I am using an Iiyama Vision Master Pro 17", and I'm very happy with
it.   (I have a Diamond Stealth w/4 meg Video card.)

    3D Wayne

1. Moniter calibration

Please let me know if this is not the correct group to post this question
to, but I need to know if there is a software program that will run on
win95 that will allow me to calibrate my moniter similar to the way the
gamma control on Macintosh systems works?  Please, please, please e-mail
me if there is such a program and I will sing praises to your name
forever! Thank you for any help.
--
Bruce A. Wheadon

http://www.cc.utah.edu/~baw5842

2. Macros...

3. Moniter 16 bit or 24 bit color help ?

4. World Construction Set v3

5. Dual Moniters

6. OpenGL and Windows 2000

7. MONITER SETUP