Setting HUB auto-quit time?

Setting HUB auto-quit time?

Post by Eric C » Sat, 12 May 2001 10:03:18



Is there a way to set the HUB's automatic quit time?  It seems to
default to NEVER, and I'd prefer it be more like INSTANTLY.

Thanks.

 
 
 

Setting HUB auto-quit time?

Post by CH / BriZo » Sat, 12 May 2001 10:11:50


in its properties.. load up the hub on its own, set the time to 5 minutes? i
think thats the smallest it can do? anyway, quit then start it all up again,
maybe that'll work, or never use it atall.. then both run a hell of a lot
quicker

--


Quote:> Is there a way to set the HUB's automatic quit time?  It seems to
> default to NEVER, and I'd prefer it be more like INSTANTLY.

> Thanks.


 
 
 

Setting HUB auto-quit time?

Post by Kevin Carric » Sat, 12 May 2001 10:20:03



> in its properties.. load up the hub on its own, set the time to 5 minutes? i
> think thats the smallest it can do? anyway, quit then start it all up again,
> maybe that'll work, or never use it atall.. then both run a hell of a lot
> quicker

> --



> > Is there a way to set the HUB's automatic quit time?  It seems to
> > default to NEVER, and I'd prefer it be more like INSTANTLY.

> > Thanks.

The quickest auto-shutdown time is 1 minute.

--
Kevin
http://www.carrico.net/lightwave.htm

 
 
 

Setting HUB auto-quit time?

Post by CH / BriZo » Sat, 12 May 2001 10:28:36


ahh 1 minute.. i thought so, wasn't sure but knew someone would correct me
if i blooped

cheers :)

--



> > in its properties.. load up the hub on its own, set the time to 5
minutes? i
> > think thats the smallest it can do? anyway, quit then start it all up
again,
> > maybe that'll work, or never use it atall.. then both run a hell of a
lot
> > quicker

> > --



> > > Is there a way to set the HUB's automatic quit time?  It seems to
> > > default to NEVER, and I'd prefer it be more like INSTANTLY.

> > > Thanks.

> The quickest auto-shutdown time is 1 minute.

> --
> Kevin
> http://www.carrico.net/lightwave.htm

 
 
 

Setting HUB auto-quit time?

Post by Eric C » Sun, 13 May 2001 01:11:21


    Is the properties accessed through the shortcut, or somewhere else?  Config
maybe?

    Min time is 1 minute.


> in its properties.. load up the hub on its own, set the time to 5 minutes? i
> think thats the smallest it can do? anyway, quit then start it all up again,
> maybe that'll work, or never use it atall.. then both run a hell of a lot
> quicker

> --



> > Is there a way to set the HUB's automatic quit time?  It seems to
> > default to NEVER, and I'd prefer it be more like INSTANTLY.

> > Thanks.

 
 
 

Setting HUB auto-quit time?

Post by Kevin F Stubb » Sun, 13 May 2001 02:00:00


Quote:> Is the properties accessed through the shortcut, or somewhere else?  Config
> maybe?

Just Right Click on the Hub Icon on your Taskbar while LW is running and
you can set the properties. I imagine you can also edit a line in the
LwHub.cfg file but I'm not tried that yet.

Cheers

Kevin F Stubbs
Kayef Select Limited

 
 
 

Setting HUB auto-quit time?

Post by Eric C » Sun, 13 May 2001 03:19:21



> > Is the properties accessed through the shortcut, or somewhere else?  Config
> > maybe?
> Just Right Click on the Hub Icon on your Taskbar while LW is running and
> you can set the properties. I imagine you can also edit a line in the
> LwHub.cfg file but I'm not tried that yet.

    I've repeatedly set this, but it changes back to NEVER.  >8^(
 
 
 

Setting HUB auto-quit time?

Post by Kevin F Stubb » Sun, 13 May 2001 03:38:14


Quote:> I've repeatedly set this, but it changes back to NEVER.  >8^(

Hm, I don't suppose your Lwhub.cfg file is set to Read Only ? Failing
that, you might want to try Exiting from the Hub after you change the
setting on the basis that you have to Exit from both Layout and Modeler
to save any configuration changes you might have made. If that doesn't
work, shut down Layout, Modeler and the Hub then manually edit the
Lwhub.cfg file. You need to change the line :

TimeOptionsIndex <Value>

where <Value> should be replaced with :

0=Never, 1=1 minute, 2=5 minutes, 3=15 minutes, 4=30 minutes, 5=1 hour

Hope this helps.

Kevin F Stubbs
Kayef Select Limited

 
 
 

1. LW Hub - Auto save LW scene

Hello all..

  After a disturbing crash and forgeting to save since I was on a great
flow, I have a question.

Can the LW hub auto save scene files??  auto saving in modeler works but
nothing for Lw scenes..

thanks..
RJ

2. wanted: IBM InfoWindow info

3. Auto quit on rendering

4. High-resolution-textures for download

5. Setting the HUB's temp directory

6. CA-Software Engineers $$$$$$$

7. To Hub, or not to Hub......quick poll.

8. Big question about to hub or not to hub

9. Auto time/bill, PM for Win95

10. Auto levels RGB output settings

11. Auto-Update setting not working PS6 IR3

12. How To?: Set viewport auto pan