ST Voyager model

Post by leele » Fri, 05 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Has anyone got, or knows where there is a copy of the Voyager model
from the Star Trek Voyager program.
Thanks
Don....

ST Voyager model

Post by Grant Bouche » Fri, 05 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> Has anyone got, or knows where there is a copy of the Voyager model
> from the Star Trek Voyager program.
> Thanks
> Don....

The Digital Voyager model used for all of the televison show episodes
was built primarily by David Jones and Bruce Hall at Amblin Imaging.  It
remains property of Paramount Television for use by their authorized
contractors.  Another, simpler version was built by Viewpoint for
potential Alias rendering (the LW model was too much for Alias :} ).  It
also remains property of Paramount Television.

I do not know of any public domain versions on the net, but since there
are large scale models of the ship and commercial digitizers
aplenty...remember that no matter what, even the design and imagery of
anything Voyager related is wholly owned and controlled by the artists
who designed it and the mega-corporation's lawyers who enforce it :}

Grant Boucher
Digital Domain

ST Voyager model

Post by Adam Chrysti » Fri, 05 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> Has anyone got, or knows where there is a copy of the Voyager model
> from the Star Trek Voyager program.
> Thanks
> Don....

In the most recent issue of LW-Pro there is a shot of Voyager loaded in
layout or was it modeler...showing off Lw's new open GL features. It is an
impressive model!! Hats off to those who went crazy modeling it!

Adam Chrystie
UCSC-UCLA Film, Senior

Newest CD: Patti Rothberg "Between the 1 and the 9"

1. New ST:Voyager was cool!

Congratulations to the Amblin guys for an extremely cool effect in the most
recent episode of Star Trek:Voyager.  Surprisingly enough, the story itself
was even pretty good...not another re-hash of an old ST script.

I didn't catch the title of the episode, but I seem to remember John Gross
saying it was "Perturations" or something like that....

I'd like to make a guess as to how the warping effect was done....digitized
footage of the actors and interior of the ship image mapped onto heavily
subdivided planes that were then displacement mapped and morphed.  Am I
close??

I would have to say that this was the best Voyager episode yet...aside from
the episode that they said "Event Horizon" about a dozen times.  =)

--
                                     -David Warner
                                      Event Horizon Studios

2. Feature Request for LW 6.0 Interface

3. ST:Voyager wins Emmy

4. Contours of dragged objects

5. Earth calling Voyager, come in Voyager...

6. DXF-Import

7. REQ: model of USS Voyager

8. IEEE Workshop on Visualization and Machine Vision

9. S: model of the voyager - satellite

10. Voyager Models

11. Lightwave model!The U.S.S voyager!

12. Voyager model