Alpha Visual FX

Post by Mark Hollowa » Sun, 18 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone have any old issues for sale or know where you can buy the old
issues?   When did this magazine die?

Thanks,
Mark

Alpha Visual FX

Post by BRUCE FAUS » Mon, 19 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Does anyone have any old issues for sale or know where you can buy the old
> issues?   When did this magazine die?

> Thanks,
> Mark

I think the magazine died when Digital Semiconductor died.

1. New Alpha Visual FX Mag!

Buckle up!

 You're invited to run with the fastest crowd in computer graphics: The
animators, artists and video producers using Digital Equipment Corp.'s
Alpha workstations, the world's fastest desktop computers.
 Hello! I'm Dave Madden, editorial coordinator for ALPHA Visual FX
-Applications for 3D Graphics and Video Effects., a new quarterly magazine
focusing on Alpha machines running the Windows NT operating system. Our
premiere edition will be launched at the National Association of
Broadcasters convention April 15-18 in Las Vegas.
 Here at AMG Media, Inc., publisher of the highly successful Video Toaster
User and LIGHTWAVE PRO  magazines, we see the Alpha poised for explosive
growth in the computer graphics market. With unrivaled RISC processing
power at a remarkably reasonable price, the Alpha will likely lead the
pack in price-performance into the next millenium.
 The Alpha's power has not gone unnoticed among makers of high-end 3D
modeling, rendering and animation software, who are porting their products
to Windows NT, including versions that will run in native mode on Alpha
machines.
 More importantly, perhaps, is the the arrival of new emulation software,
FX!32, that allows Alpha users to run almost any 32-bit program made for
Windows 95 or Windows NT. Newcomers to the Alpha not only won't have to
abandon their existing software, but can look forward to better (faster)
performance, even with emulation.
 You can catch the Alpha wave at Alpha Visual FX. We'll be offering the
latest news on software and hardware, tips and tutorials on animation and
video effects, and interviews with the people who make the magic. We want
you to be a part of the process by providing us with product information.
 Our deadlines are extremely tight for this inaugural issue and we would
appreciate receiving your submissions as soon as possible. Please e-mail

send it by FedEx to our mailing address.
 We would welcome accompanying art; color slides or graphic files in the
TIF and JPG format are acceptable.
 Should you have any questions, feel free to contact me by e-mail or phone
at 1-800-322-2843

     Thanks!

Dave Madden
Editor
Alpha Visual FX

2. Algorithm for distributing points on an oval

3. AD : Visual FX/Filmmaking Instructional Package Web Page

4. Convert Solid Texture

5. My 2D/3D visual fx website

6. WTB WACOM 12x12 tablet.

7. 3D/Computer imaging/Visual FX Catalog: Want one?

8. Stranahan asks : 8 week intensive visual fx training?

9. 3D/Computer imaging/Visual FX Catalog: Want one?

10. AD : Visual FX/Filmmaking Instructional Package Web Page

11. FS:Visual FX CDROM for Lightwave (Amiga Version)

12. AD : New Stranahan Visual FX Tape/CD-Rom