reorder objects alphabeticly

Post by Bori » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I'm looking for a lightwave plugin that reorders objects in layout in an
alphabetical way. Especially with large scenes, it can be hard to keep
track of your objects.

I know the plugin exists, but I can not find it anywhere. If you have it
or know where to find it, please mail me.

Thanks,

reorder objects alphabeticly

Post by SelRecor » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

If you find one, let me know too!

reorder objects alphabeticly

Post by Mark Whitn » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

objects alphabeti

  >Subject: reorder objects alphabeticly
  >Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.lightwave

  >I'm looking for a lightwave plugin that reorders objects in layout in
  >an alphabetical way. Especially with large scenes, it can be hard to
  >keep track of your objects.

  >I know the plugin exists, but I can not find it anywhere. If you have
  >it or know where to find it, please mail me.

  >Thanks,

There may be more than one, but the one I've been using is sortitem.p.

One Caveat:  make sure you MANUALLY (i.e. through the menu panel) do a
Save As... after you apply the plug-in.  Otherwise, if you use the
hotkey Shift-S to save, it writes to the parent DIR instead of the
proper Scenes DIR.

Just my proverbial 2 cents worth.

M.
(Around 10:04AM on 07/22/99)

---
 t CMPQwk 1.42.6: Seattle -- An Indian word meaning 52 degrees and raining.

reorder objects alphabeticly

Post by T P » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Look for a plugin at*.com called "IRename", I think that might do it.

--
Please remove "NOSPAM" from address for any replies.
Thanks.

> I'm looking for a lightwave plugin that reorders objects in layout in an
> alphabetical way. Especially with large scenes, it can be hard to keep
> track of your objects.

> I know the plugin exists, but I can not find it anywhere. If you have it
> or know where to find it, please mail me.

> Thanks,

reorder objects alphabeticly

Post by Trevor Guillian » Sat, 24 Jul 1999 04:00:00

SortItems plugin will do that. Also has options for null objects positioning
on the list.

Do a search in www.flay.com

Regards,

Trevor.

1. Vertex reordering

  Does anyone know of any routines that will take a list of triangles
and reorder their vertices based on the edges shared by all of their
neighbors? This is obviously to obtain a consistent ordering to find
the best possible surface normals. Thanks for any help!

  Also, any input on how this could be optimized for time/space efficiency
would also be much appreciated.

2. template needed

3. reordering layers

4. Affordable 3d on SGI?

5. polygon modelling reorder??

6. Where are all the 24-bit files?

7. WTB: Digital Disk Reorder (DDR)

8. Station X Studios Recruiting

9. Digital Disk Reorder (DDR)

10. Reordering a Boned Hierarchy, is it possible?

11. reordering inconsitently oriended triangles in a mesh

12. I reordered Hash..AM and now happy of sorts

13. reordering the atributes in channel box