Intel LW and saving animations question

Post by Brad Peebl » Tue, 26 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>I just got my release version of LW for the Intel platform,
>and I am running under Windows 95.
>I installed the HIIP plugin and now have two selections to
>choose from in saving animations--avi16 and avi32.  The
>second choice gives an error--something about a .dll points
>to a non-existent file (perhaps an NT-specific one).  The
>first choise, avi16, appears to work but after the animation
>is done there is no file!  Has anyone else seen this, and
>how do I fix it?  Do I have to use NT?
>Thanks,
>Dale Gary

Make sure you add the .avi extension to the filename before you start
rendering.

BP

Intel LW and saving animations question

Post by Adam Ives Chrysti » Wed, 27 Sep 1995 04:00:00

 I use WIndows NT 3.51

I had teh SAME problems as you.

the missing dcc is something like MSV*.dll right???

it is located on teh cd-rom..do a search to find it.

about teh avi probelm..i had the same one too..the only way
for me to fix it was to erase ALL my OS's and reinstall
everything..now it works like a charm!!!

1. Saving LW (for Windows) Animations

I am co-owner of a digital video production house in Raleigh/Durham, NC
currently selling off an Amiga system and moving Lightwave to the PC.
Owning a PowerMac8100 running the Media 100 system, we would like to be
able to ethernet our finished animation files from the PC to the Mac for
importing into the M100 (which takes Quicktime directly).  Question?  Can
Lightwave for PC save an animation in the Quicktime for Windows format
(like 3-D Studio can)?  If so, is Quicktime for Windows directly
compatible with the Mac version?  Any/all help on answering these
questions is appeciated.

Michael Worthington
Moving Images

voice - (919) 477-9321

2. Need fast access to columns of a Bitmap

3. Question to all Full Version Users of BML for LW (Intel) (no RT)

4. DUST

5. Newbie Question: Video Post and Saving Animations

6. Algorithms for contrast enhancement

7. FS: LW 4.0 (Intel) + LW 3.5 (AMIGA) + More

8. LW-JPEG Save question

9. LW Hub - Auto save LW scene

10. WTT: LW 5.6 Intel for Mac version

11. LW-INTEL/ AMD?