Text Writting

Post by Cartma » Tue, 15 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know how I would create an effect of a pen writting my hand
writting onto anything (ie paper) ? I've thought of various ways, using
premiere or even writting my hand writting then cutting them up into tiny
strips and placing them on polygons then dissolving the polygons but yet
what if my object im writting on has shape !!! Not Flat !

TTYL
Cartman

Text Writting

Post by Steve Hoefe » Tue, 15 Sep 1998 04:00:00

The easiest way to do it would be use Aura or similar program to record your
pen strokes.  Or use Surface Effectors or Acid to trace a path in your
paper...

But alternately you can use an animated alpha channel on the handwriting
(though it might get complicated if you have a lot of curlies in your
handwriting) Or do it by hand in Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash,
whathaveyou...  Just hope you're not writing a book...

If you write really fast and don't need to be really accurate, you should
just try to use a simple square alpha channel on the writing and slide it
left to right to reveal the writing.  It's quick and dirty, but can
sometimes get the job done...

steve
steven(at)balo(dot)com

>Does anyone know how I would create an effect of a pen writting my hand
>writting onto anything (ie paper) ? I've thought of various ways, using
>premiere or even writting my hand writting then cutting them up into tiny
>strips and placing them on polygons then dissolving the polygons but yet
>what if my object im writting on has shape !!! Not Flat !

>TTYL
>Cartman

Text Writting

Post by Marty Walke » Wed, 16 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Get Prems Surface Effectors.
You can create a texture map apply it to an object, make it 100%,
then keyframe a null object over it which has a tranparency setting
of 0%. This creates the effect you're looking for even on irregular
surfaces.

Marty

> Does anyone know how I would create an effect of a pen writting my hand
> writting onto anything (ie paper) ? I've thought of various ways, using
> premiere or even writting my hand writting then cutting them up into tiny
> strips and placing them on polygons then dissolving the polygons but yet
> what if my object im writting on has shape !!! Not Flat !

> TTYL
> Cartman

Text Writting

Post by snowbli » Wed, 16 Sep 1998 04:00:00

after effects can do something like this. It allows you to mask bitmap AND
vector elements over time. It is really nice, and I would expect that you
could model and render the shape you want to write on, the do the same thing
with the hand writing on it. Take both (either stills or image sequence or
animation) into after effects and selectively mask the whole thing (the hand
writing) over the finished image. Over time, reveal the handwritteb image. Oh
yeah, the mask can be any shape and any size. It is bezier curve based.

hope that helps

>Does anyone know how I would create an effect of a pen writting my hand
>writting onto anything (ie paper) ? I've thought of various ways, using
>premiere or even writting my hand writting then cutting them up into tiny
>strips and placing them on polygons then dissolving the polygons but yet
>what if my object im writting on has shape !!! Not Flat !

>TTYL
>Cartman

Text Writting

Post by snowbli » Wed, 16 Sep 1998 04:00:00

If you want an example of the after effects technique, let me know. I may have
a quick time movie laying around.

>Does anyone know how I would create an effect of a pen writting my hand
>writting onto anything (ie paper) ? I've thought of various ways, using
>premiere or even writting my hand writting then cutting them up into tiny
>strips and placing them on polygons then dissolving the polygons but yet
>what if my object im writting on has shape !!! Not Flat !

>TTYL
>Cartman

Text Writting

Post by Jim Woodruf » Wed, 16 Sep 1998 04:00:00

The would be relatively simple using Surface Effectors. Just scan your
signature. Load it as a background in Modeler. Trace it  to create a path.
Convert the path to a motion. Use the motion in Layout to move a Surface
Effector null with the "Dynamic Trail" feature turned on...

Jim

>after effects can do something like this. It allows you to mask bitmap AND
>vector elements over time. It is really nice, and I would expect that you
>could model and render the shape you want to write on, the do the same
thing
>with the hand writing on it. Take both (either stills or image sequence or
>animation) into after effects and selectively mask the whole thing (the
hand
>writing) over the finished image. Over time, reveal the handwritteb image.
Oh
>yeah, the mask can be any shape and any size. It is bezier curve based.

>hope that helps

>>Does anyone know how I would create an effect of a pen writting my hand
>>writting onto anything (ie paper) ? I've thought of various ways, using
>>premiere or even writting my hand writting then cutting them up into tiny
>>strips and placing them on polygons then dissolving the polygons but yet
>>what if my object im writting on has shape !!! Not Flat !

>>TTYL
>>Cartman

Text Writting

Post by Nick Hatzichristo » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

If you have a Wacom tablet, you don't even have to scan the signature ! You
can either sketch directly in modeler, hit <enter> and there you have a
spline path, or enable Auto Key Create in Layout, add a null, press Play,
and while the animation is playing, sign your name. The null will record the
pen's motion with great realism. This second technique requires a really
fast display adapter, and you may need to scale LW's size all the way down
before doing it. But I 've done it and the results, combined with Surface
Effectors, were amazing.

nick

--

Nick Hatzichristos
3D Animator

website : http://users.otenet.gr/~nixx/

>The would be relatively simple using Surface Effectors. Just scan your
>signature. Load it as a background in Modeler. Trace it  to create a path.
>Convert the path to a motion. Use the motion in Layout to move a Surface
>Effector null with the "Dynamic Trail" feature turned on...

>Jim

Text Writting

Post by Ken Gear » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Didn't know you could keyframe while playing...pretty cool!

> If you have a Wacom tablet, you don't even have to scan the signature ! You
> can either sketch directly in modeler, hit <enter> and there you have a
> spline path, or enable Auto Key Create in Layout, add a null, press Play,
> and while the animation is playing, sign your name. The null will record the
> pen's motion with great realism. This second technique requires a really
> fast display adapter, and you may need to scale LW's size all the way down
> before doing it. But I 've done it and the results, combined with Surface
> Effectors, were amazing.

> nick

> --

> Nick Hatzichristos
> 3D Animator
> Visual FX & Post Production

> website : http://users.otenet.gr/~nixx/

> >The would be relatively simple using Surface Effectors. Just scan your
> >signature. Load it as a background in Modeler. Trace it  to create a path.
> >Convert the path to a motion. Use the motion in Layout to move a Surface
> >Effector null with the "Dynamic Trail" feature turned on...

> >Jim

1. Help writting text to a wmf image file

Hi,
I have a code here that works in part.
I read a wmf file made in Corel Draw, so I write some text strings on it
and, when I save the image with another  name, it saves just a part of it,
the left side of the image is not there.
I need help, can You help me ? Thanks.
Its Delphi 6

if You load the original file on a TImage component, its OK, but please,
try to load the final image (test1.wmf). You will see the error.

Well I couldt send the file becaus news group restrictions, if You need it,
I can send to a private email or, you can get any wmf image to test.

The code:

procedure prWriteImage;
var
   MetaFile : TMetaFile;
   MetaCanvas : TMetaFileCanvas;
   iLoop : Integer;
Begin
   MetaFile := TMetaFile.Create;
   Metafile.Enhanced := False; // wmf, not emf
   MetaFile.LoadFromFile('c:\test.wmf'); // original file made in Corel Draw
   MetaCanvas := TMetaFileCanvas.Create(MetaFile,0);
   MetaCanvas.Draw(0,0,MetaFile);
   MetaCanvas.Font.Name := 'Courier New';
   MetaCanvas.Font.Size := 5;
   MetaCanvas.TextOut(100,100,'Line 1');
   MetaCanvas.TextOut(100,106,'Line 2');
   MetaCanvas.TextOut(100,112,'Line 3');
   MetaCanvas.TextOut(100,118,'Line 4');
   MetaCanvas.Free; // make changes playable in MetaFile
   MetaFile.SaveToFile('c:\test1.wmf');
   Image1.Picture.LoadFromFile('c:\test1.wmf');
   MetaFile.Free;
End; // prWriteImage

Where is the mistake ??

Best regards.

Gustavo

2. Geometry not rendering

3. Writting a JPEG file with JAVA?

4. Help! 3D Graphics programming

5. POVRay 3.0 for Win32 not writting to file

6. Max Autos

7. Neon Tube Writting

8. realtime video mixing

9. Writting Filters