Odd return values from LScript Control Objects.

Odd return values from LScript Control Objects.

Post by William J Gidding » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 19:58:43

I'm using the Intel version of Lightwave 6.5 and find that I'm getting some very strange return values from requester objects. For instance, this code segment

// slider to set KEY POSE OFFSETS
    tstep = ctlslider("Key Offet (secs)",2,1,10);

always returns a value of 58066776, irrespective of the actual value set by the slider.

Also,  this segment

// filerequester to get filename
     c3 = "path.mot";
     outfile = ctlfilename("Save Filename",c3);

results in the string 'outfile' begin set to the sum 586065144.

Anyone any ideas about what's happening here and how to set things right? Is it simply a matter of data conversion?

Thanks,

Will

Odd return values from LScript Control Objects.

Post by William J Gidding » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 20:06:05

Ok, I've sorted it out now. The values are handles to the values contained by the control. To retrieve tha values use the finction call, getvalue. e.g.

// slider to set KEY POSE OFFSETS
    c1 = ctlslider("Key Offet (secs)",2,1,10);
    tstep   = getvalue(c1);

Sorry for the false call!

Will

1. Bad Magic value on Input ??? LScript Errors

Hello some of the Lscripts which I have used give me a error when I try to
run them the error says "Bad Magic value on input file" ??? Somone aware on
how to fix this with these Lscripts ???

Omega

2. dynamic bitmaps

3. Odd depth-values in OGL?

4. Need Lightwave

5. POV-Ray 3.1 : Returning a value!

6. College Major

7. returned from-0 value-2 days in-help!

8. what gversion values can an O2 return?

9. max return value ...

10. Return-Value of function

11. Values returned from glReadPixels slightly off.

12. Click Return Value