shave and a haircut: extreme instancing

Post by mike » Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:12:29

joe gave the current users a early build of S&H:extreme with the instancing
features enabled.

here is somthing i cooked up with about an hour with it.

full lighting, dynamics, and texturing on instanced geometry....

wow

http://www.3dluvr.com/blackbourn/wip/leaves.avi
200k divx.

shave and a haircut: extreme instancing

Post by Eric C » Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:57:33

    Hmmmm, mplayer reports couldn't find appropriate compressor.  What did you
codec this with?

> joe gave the current users a early build of S&H:extreme with the instancing
> features enabled.

> here is somthing i cooked up with about an hour with it.

> full lighting, dynamics, and texturing on instanced geometry....

> wow

> http://www.3dluvr.com/blackbourn/wip/leaves.avi
> 200k divx.

shave and a haircut: extreme instancing

Post by Jeff Kilgro » Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:06:13

Quote:

> > http://www.3dluvr.com/blackbourn/wip/leaves.avi
> > 200k divx.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

He used DIVX.  Saw it just fine here...  Yup, leaves....

--
- Jeff Kilgroe | Change the .nospam to .com to reply!
- Applied Visual Technologies | DarkScience

shave and a haircut: extreme instancing

Post by Marcu » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 02:16:19

Divx3alpha works here but I had to remove Dixv4 ( and replace it with 3) to
get this and some other files to work at all.

> > > http://www.3dluvr.com/blackbourn/wip/leaves.avi
> > > 200k divx.

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^

> He used DIVX.  Saw it just fine here...  Yup, leaves....

> --
> - Jeff Kilgroe | Change the .nospam to .com to reply!
> - Applied Visual Technologies | DarkScience
> - www.appliedvisual.com
> - Coming Soon: RenderMonkeys!

shave and a haircut: extreme instancing

Post by Eric C » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 03:12:54

Hmmmm, for some reason the DIVX codec won't install properly on my
machine (NT4,sp6).   What the heck?

> > > http://www.3dluvr.com/blackbourn/wip/leaves.avi
> > > 200k divx.

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^

> He used DIVX.  Saw it just fine here...  Yup, leaves....

> --
> - Jeff Kilgroe | Change the .nospam to .com to reply!
> - Applied Visual Technologies | DarkScience
> - www.appliedvisual.com
> - Coming Soon: RenderMonkeys!

shave and a haircut: extreme instancing

Post by Wade » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 07:47:16

Wow that's cool!!
WW

joe gave the current users a early build of S&H:extreme with the instancing
features enabled.

here is somthing i cooked up with about an hour with it.

full lighting, dynamics, and texturing on instanced geometry....

wow

http://www.3dluvr.com/blackbourn/wip/leaves.avi
200k divx.

shave and a haircut: extreme instancing

Post by Will » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:19:09

Don't know if this applies to you, but my graphics card doesn't have Direct
X support, and the newest divx codec from www.projectmayo.com has a direct X
command in it. To get Divx to work, I uninstalled that component with
"regsvr32 /u divxdec.ax".

Hope that helps,
Will

> Hmmmm, for some reason the DIVX codec won't install properly on my
> machine (NT4,sp6).   What the heck?

> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^

> > He used DIVX.  Saw it just fine here...  Yup, leaves....

> > --
> > - Jeff Kilgroe | Change the .nospam to .com to reply!
> > - Applied Visual Technologies | DarkScience
> > - www.appliedvisual.com
> > - Coming Soon: RenderMonkeys!

shave and a haircut: extreme instancing

Post by Paul Salvado » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 14:21:22

Thing with a perm!?  8)

shave and a haircut: extreme instancing

Post by Eric C » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:44:23

    Thanks, I'll try that.  And I sure would never have figured it out myself.

> Don't know if this applies to you, but my graphics card doesn't have Direct
> X support, and the newest divx codec from www.projectmayo.com has a direct X
> command in it. To get Divx to work, I uninstalled that component with
> "regsvr32 /u divxdec.ax".

> Hope that helps,
> Will

shave and a haircut: extreme instancing

Post by b » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:13:15

You may need to install windows media player 7 before adding the codec.

Quote:>Hmmmm, for some reason the DIVX codec won't install properly on my
>machine (NT4,sp6).   What the heck?

1. shave:extreme instancing movie

77seconds a frame p3:700 512mb ram
125 bushes 1400polys per bush

this instancing stuff blows me away...

mike

2.8mb qt sorenson
http://www.3dluvr.com/blackbourn/wip/plants.mov

long live joe!

2. optimised colour

3. ANIMAL LOGIC MAYAMAN VERSION 1.1.0, SHAVE AND A HAIRCUT VERSION 1.4.119

4. Media/Halos/Atmosphere/Fog in Moray 3.1

5. shave&haircut

6. How does poly work? (povray)

7. shave and a haircut tutorial (?)

8. LW Shave and a haircut dead?