Gate to the minds Eye..

Post by V Teah » Thu, 27 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

        Has anybody seen the video Gate to the Mind Eye. I must say it is
extremely good. Can some one who knows about it tell me if Quantum
Mechanic was done in LightWave SGI or even Amiga. I wonder because its is
very lightwaveish (LIghtwave Does have a certain look, as good as it
maybe though..) Did they use LightWave...

Gate to the minds Eye..

Post by Dan Abla » Fri, 28 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>    Has anybody seen the video Gate to the Mind Eye. I must say it is
>extremely good. Can some one who knows about it tell me if Quantum
>Mechanic was done in LightWave SGI or even Amiga. I wonder because its is
>very lightwaveish (LIghtwave Does have a certain look, as good as it
>maybe though..) Did they use LightWave...

     At the end of the tape, there is complete listings
     of who produced each animation.  Your best bet,
     and most reliable, would be to call the company
     responsible for the animation.

     Dan

Gate to the minds Eye..

Post by Walter (J » Fri, 28 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>Subject: Gate to the minds Eye..
>Date: 26 Jul 1995 10:04:18 GMT
>Hi,
>        Has anybody seen the video Gate to the Mind Eye. I must say it is
>extremely good. Can some one who knows about it tell me if Quantum
>Mechanic was done in LightWave SGI or even Amiga. I wonder because its is
>very lightwaveish (LIghtwave Does have a certain look, as good as it
>maybe though..) Did they use LightWave...

I have heard the comment that LightWave has a certain look before and it was
discussed here previously.  There is a small amount of truth to this, but in
general, I think it is bunk.  As a case in point, when Voyager came out people
here couldn't even accurately say which parts were CG much less which were LW.
 LW may have a certain look if you keep things set to the defaults, but that's
de-fault of the animator, not LW (yeah - its a horrible pun).

Phoenix, AZ                |http://www.primenet.com/~wturber
...........................|ftp.primenet.com/users/w/wturber

Gate to the minds Eye..

Post by pi.. » Mon, 31 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>Subject: Re: Gate to the minds Eye..
>Date: 27 Jul 1995 16:12:29 GMT

>>       Has anybody seen the video Gate to the Mind Eye. I must say it is
>>extremely good. Can some one who knows about it tell me if Quantum
>>Mechanic was done in LightWave SGI or even Amiga. I wonder because its is
>>very lightwaveish (LIghtwave Does have a certain look, as good as it
>>maybe though..) Did they use LightWave...
>     At the end of the tape, there is complete listings
>     of who produced each animation.  Your best bet,
>     and most reliable, would be to call the company
>     responsible for the animation.
>     Dan

Well it's obvious that they used the Humanoid objects for the animation, but
as for LW who can tell withall  the strobe lights?

1. Graphics software used in Mind's Eye

This message is more geared towards members of the Midnight Movie Group
(please excuse me if I mangled the name of the group) from Apollo.  The
segments in the movie "The Mind's Eye" that were generated by Apollo were
(at least according to the literature that I have read) created using an
in-house modeler and renderer.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me if
that "in-house" tool was public-domain, or at least if the source is
available for some small cost.

Thanks in advance,
------------------------------+-----------------------------------
Chris Toshok                  |  Assistant Systems Administrator
a.k.a. "Toshok the Functional"|  Computer Services
                              |  University of Idaho

phone: (208)885-5562          |  Laboratory for Applied Logic
smail: P.O. Box 3900          |  University of Idaho
       Moscow, Id 83843-1919  |
------------------------------+-----------------------------------
www: http://www.cs.uidaho.edu/lal/students/toshok.dir/toshok.html
------------------------------+-----------------------------------
Chris Toshok                  |  Assistant Systems Administrator
a.k.a. "Toshok the Functional"|  Computer Services
                              |  University of Idaho

phone: (208)885-5562          |  Laboratory for Applied Logic
smail: P.O. Box 3900          |  University of Idaho
       Moscow, Id 83843-1919  |
                              |  Vice Pres.  Student Chapter, ACM
------------------------------+-----------------------------------
www: http://www.cs.uidaho.edu/lal/students/toshok.dir/toshok.html

2. Permedia 3 or VX1 or TNT 2

3. WANTED: The Mind's Eye

4. Screen Cam Component (recording screen activity to video) with minor bugs

5. "Mind's Eye" images

6. Mac OS X - Compiling programs using "make"

7. Mind's Eye Series

8. Beyond the Minds Eye

9. FA : The Mind's eye experience Comp Anim 3 videos

10. Beyond the Mind's Eye

11. Red-Eye Reduction - Blue Eyes

12. "Flashy" eyes after red eye removed