metaform problems

Post by Sam Moor » Wed, 14 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I just found a tute on the net for making trees,
"www.animationartist.com/tutorials/LWTrees.html" all worked perfectly,
except when I metaformed the tree from the smooth panel. It looks fine on
the screen but saves as a mess of planes and lines with the tree barely
visible. I've used metaform smooth on other models that saved fine, what am
I missing. My university lecturer  had no idea, any help would be
appreciated.

1. multiple metaform problem

I've got problem with metaforming I don't quite get...  Anything that I
metaform a number of times (say 3 or 4, or more) and save it, when I
reopen it, it's all distorted.  It looks like the polygons and points
are completely running into each other and my object's surface is
completely ruined.  What gives?  Why is is that too much metaforming is
bad?  I mean, 4 or 5 times (even on a simple object as a cube) isn't
that much...

Any help for me?
Jennifer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Fixed Point Cycloid Approx

3. Metaform problem

4. Metaform problems

5. Metaform Problem?

6. PROBLEMS IN 5.6B WITH METAFORM ??!!

7. metaforms

8. where is the metaform plus in lw 7.5?

9. Plugin:Metaform Plus discovered

10. Need Metaform Plus