particle storm

Post by ViC » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 01:25:57

hi all

im using lightwave 6.5 and dont seem to have particle storm anywhere. ive
looked in all the plugins on the disc also and no sign of it. is there
anywhere i can download it from.

thanks for yer time

vic

particle storm

Post by ViC » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 01:57:09

hi all
just realised particle storm isnt free. i thought it was, giving that its
supposed to be a part of lightwave, u know included in the price. maybe im
missing it, anybody know exactly where it is...

vic

Quote:> hi all

> im using lightwave 6.5 and dont seem to have particle storm anywhere. ive
> looked in all the plugins on the disc also and no sign of it. is there
> anywhere i can download it from.

> thanks for yer time

> vic

particle storm

Post by Ale » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 02:15:34

>hi all
>just realised particle storm isnt free. i thought it was, giving that its
>supposed to be a part of lightwave, u know included in the price. maybe im
>missing it, anybody know exactly where it is...

>vic

>> hi all

>> im using lightwave 6.5 and dont seem to have particle storm anywhere. ive
>> looked in all the plugins on the disc also and no sign of it. is there
>> anywhere i can download it from.

>> thanks for yer time

>> vic

The integrated particle system is Particle_FX and is covered in detail
in the manual.

-alex

particle storm

Post by ViC » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:23:34

particlestormse2 plug in which is supposed to be included in lw ( according
to dan alban and inside lw 6)is what im looking for. ive looked in all the
plug ins and just cant find it. help, this is cracking me up again

vic

> >hi all
> >just realised particle storm isnt free. i thought it was, giving that its
> >supposed to be a part of lightwave, u know included in the price. maybe
im
> >missing it, anybody know exactly where it is...

> >vic

> >> hi all

> >> im using lightwave 6.5 and dont seem to have particle storm anywhere.
ive
> >> looked in all the plugins on the disc also and no sign of it. is there
> >> anywhere i can download it from.

> >> thanks for yer time

> >> vic

> The integrated particle system is Particle_FX and is covered in detail
> in the manual.

> -alex

particle storm

Post by Ale » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 04:05:03

Particle Storm 2 SE was included with LW6.0, as the Particle_FX plug
wasn't finished yet.  With version (I think) 6.5 and up, it's gone.
Might've happened at the b version of 6.0, but I don't remember.  It's
rather like Motion Designer.  With the original release of 6, it
wasn't actually integrated into the system yet, but was with
subsequent releases.

Of course, I could be remembering it all worng, but I don't see any
reference to Particle_FX in the index of Inside L6, and that's how I
remember it all going down.  If you're still on the original 6.0
documentation, I think the 6.5b docs are online - well worth the
download. :)

again, HTH

-alex

>particlestormse2 plug in which is supposed to be included in lw ( according
>to dan alban and inside lw 6)is what im looking for. ive looked in all the
>plug ins and just cant find it. help, this is cracking me up again

>vic

particle storm

Post by Kevin F Stubb » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 04:10:21

Quote:> particlestormse2 plug in which is supposed to be included in lw ( according
> to dan alban and inside lw 6)is what im looking for. ive looked in all the
> plug ins and just cant find it. help, this is cracking me up again

ParticleStorm2SE was only a part of LW6.0 not LW6.5 and higher. Newtek
replaced it with the new integrated ParticleFX plugin. PS2SE does not
work in LW6.5/7.0, though you can download a version of PSPlay.p from
the Dynamic Realities site which will allow scenes created using PS2SE
to render under LW6.5 and higher. This is explained in one of the readme
files with LW6.5. To use particles in LW6.5 and higher you either have
to use ParticleFX which is explained in the manual along with a good
collection of demo scenes in the content directory or you have to buy
Napalm from Dynamic Realities.

Cheers

Kevin F Stubbs
Kayef Select Limited

particle storm

Post by Brizo » Tue, 06 Nov 2001 20:52:59

particle storm doesn't come with lightwave anymore, but you get PFX with it
now, or you can buy PS2 which works with 6.5 and up. Have a look in the
manual for ParticleFX and thats what your looking for, if you want to use
your old particle settings from PS you'll have to buy PS2 or Napalm (Napalm
being the better choice I think out of the two) cause I think the old *.psm
files will work with that.

--

-------
BriZon

Co-Founder & Director of VFX DarkICE fx.
===================/\===================
www.lexxpark.co.uk || www.darkicefx.co.uk
Work: +44 (0) 771 9859450 7am - 5pm GMT
Home: +44 (0) 786 6039358 5pm - 7am GMT

    ICQ: 124947563 || MSN: Lexxpark
===================\/===================

Quote:> hi all

> im using lightwave 6.5 and dont seem to have particle storm anywhere. ive
> looked in all the plugins on the disc also and no sign of it. is there
> anywhere i can download it from.

> thanks for yer time

> vic

1. Particle Storm - how to reflect particles

Hi

How to force reflection surface to reflect particles from PS ???
Or how to force particles to become reflected by reflection surfaces ???

I'm applying small objects to particles, next PS generates SEQUENCE of lwo
and pso files
how to manage them in layout (there is no word in instruction about this) ?

Regards
Bartek

2. Andromeda Velociraptor Plugin

3. Particle Storm - constraining particles

4. TrueSpace 2 vs Others

5. Particle plug-ins: Sparks or Particle Storm?

6. workaround if fields are larger than 256 characters?

7. Particle Storm 2 IN-STOCK!!

8. Engraving in 3DS??

9. Problem with Particle Storm in LightWave

10. FS Lightwave V5 and Particle Storm

11. Need Particle Storm

12. Particle Storm SE

13. Viewable objects in Particle Storm?