Wrinkled Clothing

Post by Mike Zimbar » Tue, 15 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to create the appearance of a t-shirt laying flat on the top of
a washing machine.  I want the shirt's surface to have a natural wrinkle
even though it is laying flat - as if the material is bunching slightly. ?
I have tried using displacement mapping to accomplish the technique, but
haven't yet found results that I was completely satisfied with. Any
suggestions on how to acomplish this either with modeling or surfacing?

Thanks,
Mike

Wrinkled Clothing

Post by Darren I Thompso » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:30:15

I would stick with the displacement idea for this. Drop a Tshirt on a
scanner (Before ironing it :-) scan that in as a grey scale and take it in
to Photoshop or Aura etc and change the contrast to give a more dramatic
difference. Then use that as your displacement map.

Hope that gives you what you are after.

--
Darren I Thompson
New Magic Pty Ltd

Quote:> I am trying to create the appearance of a t-shirt laying flat on the top
of
> a washing machine.  I want the shirt's surface to have a natural wrinkle
> even though it is laying flat - as if the material is bunching slightly. ?
> I have tried using displacement mapping to accomplish the technique, but
> haven't yet found results that I was completely satisfied with. Any
> suggestions on how to acomplish this either with modeling or surfacing?

> Thanks,
> Mike

Wrinkled Clothing

Post by jin choun » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

did you apply displacement after subdivision?

jin

1. Wrinkles in Clothing...hmmm

editable patches is one option, NURBS would be another.
I've also heard of people using simcloth www.chaosgroup.com as a modelling
tool (make your object out of polys or patches and use the cloth dynamics to
model the wrinkles.

Christian
--
http://www.3dluvr.com/chrigi

2. Strange behavior V6.0

3. Character Modeling - Clothes vs Body With Clothes

4. DSOs and ivquicken

5. both jumping now, Brion and Angela irritated the sick doorways at humble wrinkle

6. bones+skin vs biped+physique

7. Face, wrinkles, freckles, arrgh!

8. spherical texturing