Anyone use LW's expressions?

Post by Matches » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 05:25:00

I was just wondering if people are actually using LW's expressions?

Anyone use LW's expressions?

Post by Marcu » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 05:43:13

Where ever possible, I do. The basic math ones and the conditional statement
ie. (X > Y ? A : B) so it does A when the statement X>Y is true and B when
its false. Then there are the prerolled ones like follower but there's not
much else I can decipher.

Quote:> I was just wondering if people are actually using LW's expressions?

Anyone use LW's expressions?

Post by keohta » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 05:43:30

I do,
I use it for things like having something orbit another object,  or for
doing a psuedo random crowd thing .
I also use it in relational movements. as example A drawbridge lowering..
and the char speeding up to try and make it in before it is too late

Ke`
--
Devoveo Popae Serpentigena Vipera!!!!!
Ipse Aevum Imperium

Post by Tesselato » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:23:59

Quote:> I was just wondering if people are actually using LW's expressions?

Yes.

After you understand them (standard C convention/syntax) 5 or 10 min
worth of typing will save you 2 or 3 hours of UI clicks, keying,
and thinking.  Some things you just can't do without using expressions.

It's worth it!