Polygons that are "dead to bones"

Post by mik » Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:52:13

these are the kind of problems that add hours to my projects...I have
been trying to figure this out for about 3 hours and cannot solve the
problem. I consider myself pretty damn good with bones. I've been
setting up characters for years and I've never encountered this
problem.

I set up an entire character, but decided to replace the hands with
some other ones in my library I liked better. No problem, I attached
cut the other ones off, attached the new hands and set the weight maps
correctly(I'm using a whole arm map, no separation in the hand and
fingers...that's a waste of time to me).

Anyway, I had the bones working fine, but I had to reparent some stuff
and set some pivot rotations. All of a sudden, I discover that the
bones in the pinky area of the right hand will not move the pinky
anymore. And yes, they are "Active". The corect map is assigned, they
are switched on, it's just that one area will not be affected by
bones, even if I create a new one and slide it into the pinky area ---
nothing. The only thing that will move the area is the ring finger
next to to it.

Has anyone ran into this problem?

Mike

1. ****"""""BUG IN PROGRAM"""*****

Does anyone have a problem using PhotoShop 3.  I have alien skin filters
and Kai's Power Tools and yet if I use the spheroid designer in Kai's Power
Tools and then try to add a drop shadow to it using alien skin, PhotoShop
crashes.  Has anyone got a solution to this problem.  It's really bugging
me (pun not intentional).

Yours Pete

2. Mac G3 and Corel Draw 8

3. Paint Shop Pro Brushes "bones"

4. LW6: caustics ?

5. Bones Pro Help-"Missing File"

6. Z-buffer problem on SGIs

7. Question for Newtek about "bone reparenting"....

8. AMD Athlon XP 3000+ Processors Now Shipping

9. users of "Throw Me A Bone"

10. """"LOOKING FOR METRAEYES MODELLER AND TURBO.PXP FOR AN EXCHANGE"""""

11. Dss Satellite "HU"&"H"card programming click link

12. povray "polygon" into a modeller

13. "Fastest Point in Polygon Test"... Answe