System Set-ups ?

Post by Mark Dunak » Tue, 12 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I was wonderrine what people think. Does it matter if a person gets a Raptor
or a Rendersaurus ? I would like a Raptor, but the Rendersaurus is MUCH
cheapper. So does it really matter which one a person gets ? And yes I know
that a Raptor is always upgradeable but I dought very much that I will ever,
"at least in the near future" have the cash to upgrade.

And also I would like to know if there is a nonlinear system that would run on
one of these types of machines and work like the Flyer does or at least close
to it? I really only want to do LW animations but would like to be able to
bring video in to the 3D environment. And I also am concerned about the way
that some systems have to rerender everthing if a client changes his mind
about words that might be overlaid on top of my animations? On the Flyer I
just type in new words on the CG and key them over the animations. I hope I am
making sense here and that someone can help me?

thanx...............md

1. advice on system Setup?

 Hi all! I'm trying to set myself up to make our new animated film. I've
pretty
 limited $. Right now I have a PII 350 with 384mbram, and a PII300 with
384mbram. I
 was thinking of dropping the 350's motherboard(asus p2B) into the 300's
case, with a
 new PII400 cpu. Then, I wanted to dump a new asus p2B-D into the 350,
with dual
 PII 400's.

 I will be throwing nVidia-based GeForce cards into both machines.
 My question is this- for the dual PII 400 machine, would I be better
off putting a
 single AMD Athlon 700 in, instead of dual 400's? Just wondering about
the heat
 generated by duals, and also, I hear good performance things about the
AMD700, and
 wonder if anybody knows comparisons between it and a dual 400 setup?

 Very much appreciate anybody's related thinking/insights.

Christy.

2. Quicktime 2.0 vs 1.6.1 speed comparison 30% faster

3. System Setups {recommendations}

4. Texture Coordinates

5. Looking for help with 3D animation system setup

6. System Setup Advice?

7. can anyone recomend a system setup?

8. System Setups {recommendations}

9. Looking for help with 3D animation system setup

10. Business Card Set-ups

11. Hard Drive Crash - lost all Alien Skin set-ups