SkeletonMaker??

Post by Jean-Christophe Lemercie » Sat, 06 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi!
I just can find out how to use efficiently
the modeler plugin SkeletonMaker???
The manual doesn't help much!...
Please help!

Also, i once write a DM-lscript (version 1.1)
and the latests version (1.2) doesn't seems
to handle it very well (it is NOT compiled!)
The pb is the handling of arrays?
can someone help in telling me the changes??

a email reply will be appreciated!
thx a lot!!!

SkeletonMaker??

Post by Maria Ana Montal » Sat, 06 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi!
>I just can find out how to use efficiently
>the modeler plugin SkeletonMaker???
>The manual doesn't help much!...

There's a brief description on page 25.25 of the reference manual, but
here's the procedure I used:

Save the object to be boned.

Select an empty foreground layer.  Put the object to be boned in the
background layer.

Create points (+) and join them into curves (^p).  Using the background
object as a reference, put the points at the bones' desired start and end
points.

Call up the plug-in.  Hit the first button, and browse to where the
object is saved.  Hit the second button, browse to the desired directory,
then enter a new scene name (.lws).  Turn the boxes on or off as desired,
then hit OK.

Go into layout, then use Object -> Load from scene to load in the boned
object.

Maria

SkeletonMaker??

Post by Nick Hatzichrist » Sun, 07 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>Hi!
>I just can find out how to use efficiently
>the modeler plugin SkeletonMaker???
>The manual doesn't help much!...
>Please help!
>Also, i once write a DM-lscript (version 1.1)
>and the latests version (1.2) doesn't seems
>to handle it very well (it is NOT compiled!)
>The pb is the handling of arrays?
>can someone help in telling me the changes??
>a email reply will be appreciated!
>thx a lot!!!

Actually, JC, the manual does help. A lot. And it 's easier than you
thought. Look at the manuals one more time, more carefully, and you
'll find something about skeleton maker and splines, and layers...

Nick Hatzichristos
3D Designer / Animator
Visual FX for TV/Commercials

SkeletonMaker??

Post by Glenn Saunder » Sun, 07 Dec 1997 04:00:00

The problem with skeleton maker is that it will only generate 1-branch
heirarchies.  Try making a hand with skeleton maker and you will get a lot
of nicely placed bones alright, but all separate heirarchies for each
finger, and when you attempt to rectify this in layout, the finger will go
flying off into space.  This, IMHO, makes skeletonmaker almost useless.

== Glenn Saunders  --3D Graphics / Videography / Web development--      ==

== TV Commercials page http://www.lawguru.com/production/production.html==

SkeletonMaker??

Post by Andra » Tue, 09 Dec 1997 04:00:00

  Actually I am making characters and character-animation but the
skeleton-maker
  plugin is not very useful for me .... coz....1 st skeleton-maker
doesnt not support
  limited-range ...2 nd parenting each bone to a certain parent-bone is
not supported.....

  I am using the method that can be found on the following site
www.*enet.net/~pixel8/

  Setting the bones manually is (in my case!) faster than using
skeleton-maker....
  and the method explained on the above mentioned site is very good.....

  Bye Andras

1. Help for skeletonmaker

I am working on my first character animation and I don't understand how
skeletonmaker works.

Please help me to understans this plug-in before I become crazy.

Answers in French are welcome.

Thank you.

Laurent

2. Conversion between HLS and RGB

3. SkeletonMaker ?

4. Geforce 3 vs Geforce 2

5. SkeletonMaker and 1-branch hierarchies.

6. Inexpensive 3D lettering program?