Particle question

Post by Rok Andi » Tue, 22 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone maybe know any good book,
site... on particles and particle
effects?

Rok

1. Adv. Particle Question-particles emiting particles

Hello all,
Is it possible in Max2.5 for particles to emit other particles.
Specifically, lets say you use PBomb to explode a mesh (instead of Bomb
so you can use deflection, etc.), can the mesh faces, which are
technically "particles" emit another particle system such as smoke.  I
recall reading something about spawning but I am not sure if this would
be the way to do it.  I am specifically thinking about how in Alias, you
can explode a mesh and have the faces emit smoke but still be affected
by environmental variables such as wind, deflection, etc. because
essentially a "particle" is linked to each surface that allows it to
deflect etc., but the mesh face itself, which is not technically a
particle, emits the smoke system.  Maybe it is just terminology but do
you see the difference?  How do you do this in Max?

2. filled boxes in gnuplot

3. MTOR And Maya Particles question

4. Do you have any idea about a large scene's shadow?

5. Particle Question.

6. number of pipes in a GPU

7. sticky particle question..

8. PARTICLE QUESTION