HV3 issues

Post by Dean A. Scot » Tue, 10 Apr 2001 04:27:51

Can someone confirm that when using HV sprites with a clipmap and
embedded alpha that one cannot have the three parameters (use color,
anit-a, and solid) all checked at the same time and have them saved
in the scene?  When ever I've done this, either LW totally forgets
them and they're all unchecked or just 'use color' and 'solid' remain
checked while 'anti-a' becomes unchecked.

This has played hovac using screamner to render as when this first
happened, an hour or two had passed and several dozen/hundred frames
rendered ALL without any HV sprite clipmap showing... argh!

      Dean A. Scott,  Assistant Professor
        SOUTHERN  ADVENTIST  UNIVERSITY
         School of Visual Art & Design
        http://ns.southern.edu/~dascott

1. HV3 issues

John Gross wrote in the maillist...

Thanks, John.

I experimented and found that I can get around this issue by manually editing
the scene and entering the right number for the parameter combo in each HV
object application section.

Goes something like this...

.
.
.
{shader
{HVClip
# 1 2 3
.
.
.

where # is:   1  no paraemters checked
              3  use color only
             11  use anti-a only
              5  use solid only
              7  use color and anti-a
              9  use color and solid
             13  anit-a and solid
             15  use color, anti-a, and solid

Somewhere along the line I was getting 69's or 27's instead.
With edited scenes (using 15 as the param #), Screamers are happily
rendering away... no blank or malformed HV sprites!

      Dean A. Scott,  Assistant Professor
        SOUTHERN  ADVENTIST  UNIVERSITY
         School of Visual Art & Design
        http://ns.southern.edu/~dascott

2. Help on rotating in layout

3. Screamers and HV3

4. Q: OpenMaya

5. HV3 Tutorial 2001

6. extension cases & "copy"

7. HV3 Dont render behind transparent objects!!Again with proves

8. Darkened Frames? - BMRT

9. HV3 again

10. HV3 for Steamer FX...

11. Steamer gone.. Use HV3